Muffler mod ms 880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norwayclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi

I've just overtaken a 880, and I was just wondering if there exists a original dual port muffler mod to it, as it does for the 660? Or do I have to get a custom mod?

Hi

I've just overtaken a 880, and I was just wondering if there exists a original dual port muffler mod to it, as it does for the 660? Or do I have to get a custom mod?

As far as I know there is not any factory dual port available. I've never seen much gain in porting the mufflers on the 088/880 saws like you get from the 066/660 series saws.:)

If you want to mod it, it's very simple.... Take out the stock outlet plate, and make what you want. The muffler doesn't care if its "dual" or"one big" single.. You have room to put in two outlets if you want it to "look" different.

Mine's loud enough stock.

I don't really care what things look like, as long as they work well. (I'm a lazy guy always looking for an easier option, and a saw with more effect saves me time) So if its one two holes it comes down to the same thing. I know I could mod the muffler myself, (or preferably get someone else to do it :laugh: ) but I was just curious if there existed a stock modded muffler (would save me time ;) ) Anyways, thanks for answers

what are you cutting in norway that a stock 088 isnt enough saw for you?

is troll holding out on us....

This is what EHP did to mine. It's without a doubt the LOUDEST chainsaw I've got.:chainsawguy: :D :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

what are you cutting in Norway that a stock 088 isn't enough saw for you?

is troll holding out on us....

Lol, yea, sure a stock 880 is enough! But improvement is nearly always good, and time saved on bucking can be used on more interesting things.

But I do live a bit further south than Saw Troll (about 2000 km) so we do have a bit larger trees...

Lol, yea, sure a stock 880 is enough! But improvement is nearly always good, and time saved on bucking can be used on more interesting things.

But I do live a bit further south than Saw Troll (about 2000 km) so we do have a bit larger trees...

Awwww hell, I would have taken that down with my 361...:laugh: Just kidding, thats a good size tree!

attachment.php

:laugh: yes, it seems south of troll there is a need for long bars....

i'll let you off...

Back