Muffler Modded square filed ms 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been reading on this forum about square filing saw chains, I have watched some you tube videos and been playing around on some junk chains and finally got the nerve to try a good chain and boy was it ever worth it, holy cow this thing rips I could not believe how fast these chains cut. This is my first round at it and Im sure there are tricks to make them better. Cant wait to mess with it some more.

What size b/c are you running. On my 361I am running a 20in b/c with a 8 tooth rim and it is my go to saw for fire wood out here in the PNW. Light and fast

What size b/c are you running. On my 361I am running a 20in b/c with a 8 tooth rim and it is my go to saw for fire wood out here in the PNW. Light and fast

I am running a Stihl ES roller tip 20 3/8 bar with a flat top chiesel chain, I filed it with a Stihl square hand file. I can get you the part number here in alittle while its out in the shop. I know that I am only tipping the ice berg with square filing but from what I have seen so far all I can say is WOW!

Back