Must haves in a bucket truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan B might be to buy a decent used crane dirt cheap if possible.

Other construction equipment maybe. With so many companies not doing much work these days, There might be some deals out there.

I wouldn't buy nothing in a recession with an election soon and war drums beating!But what do I know there may not be enough work to pay for it.

I have an old Asplundh chip truck now and an old Vermeer 1230 Chipper. A Bucket truck with the forestry package and another chipper would be a nice setup, esp when a storm blows through and there is a lot of cleanup. Most have 11ft chip box, not sure if they make much bigger with a boom as well.

Last edited:
I have an old Asplundh chip truck now and an old Vermeer 1230 Chipper. A Bucket truck with the forestry package and another chipper would be a nice setup, esp when a storm blows through and there is a lot of cleanup. Most have 11ft chip box, not sure if they make much bigger with a boom as well.

Yup those forestry units sure are effective lot of guys think you get so much closer to the tree with a rear mount but it ain't that much really.

I wouldn't buy nothing in a recession with an election soon and war drums beating!But what do I know there may not be enough work to pay for it.

Boy you read my mind.....

The war drums are beating ! And America can go either way. I have no idea what to do other than vote my way out of bondage !:rock:

We have managed to stay busy here, a used bucket truck is a lot less $ than the spiderlift we have and would also prolong the life of the spiderlift by a few years.

Yup those forestry units sure are effective lot of guys think you get so much closer to the tree with a rear mount but it ain't that much really.

One problem with the spiderlift is we have an extra truck (and employee) to pull it and with gas prices going up, it would be nice to consolidate the rig

Good advice on the Pony motor. I wonder if those could be added on later or are you stuck as they come.

Best condition and what is going to cover most of your bases workwise.

having a 40'telescopic and a 75' will cover alot of tree work.plug ins for a hydraulic saw.

You mean come down on a rope while wearing a harness right?

Well not the first time, I know better now... CTSP :smile2:
By the way I am new to using the forum, any reason my screen doesnt refresh, I only see your new posts when I get an email alert and come in from there.

Note to self ...... always extra rope in bucket. A harness wouldn't be bad either. :msp_tongue:

Latest posts

Back