My 262xp is having issues!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sawinredneck said:
I thought about it, but need a smaller saw more than a bigger saw!! Somewhat light is the key to this one!! If I need something to pull a bigger bar I'll just grab the 046, may just get a 20" for it and run it like that if nothing else works out!:hmm3grin2orange: Can't belive I went all these years with one saw and no problems, buy four and can't keep anything running!
Andy

We could always sneak one of Ralph's 5100's when hes not looking..:D

Ok, got some time today, got the clutch off, got the flywheel off, changed the seal on the flywheel side no problem. How in world do you get the silly oiler off of this thing? I have the screws out, the oiler is loose, but the "washer"? on the crank won't more allowing me to remove the oil pump to get to the seal? Any ideas PLEASE??????
Andy

sawinredneck said:
Ok, got some time today, got the clutch off, got the flywheel off, changed the seal on the flywheel side no problem. How in world do you get the silly oiler off of this thing? I have the screws out, the oiler is loose, but the "washer"? on the crank won't more allowing me to remove the oil pump to get to the seal? Any ideas PLEASE??????
Andy
To remove the washer,first remove bolts holding the pump itself and look on the pump itself ,there two "spare" threaded holes.Screw bolt in those 2 holes until it lift off the washer and the pump itself.Try to screw them equally,it will be easier to remove the washer.

sawinredneck said:
Andy
To remove the washer,first remove bolts holding the pump itself and look on the pump itself ,there two "spare" threaded holes.Screw 5 mm bolt in those 2 holes until it lift off the washer and the pump itself.Try to screw them equally,it will be easier to remove the washer.

Back