My 441 is hard to start after jug reolacement.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey folks, I had the jug replaced on my 441 a year while ago and ever since its been a real stick in the mud to get started when cold. Many pulls to get it to run without dying out. Once it's the saw warms up it starts and runs just fine.
Any suggestions on what to do to get it to start easier. It used to fire up on the first pull.

Sounds like it might be having a hard time getting fuel.. check to make sure the choke closes properly and the impulse line and the rest of the intake system isn't leaking.

If it's tuned rich it could make up for it.. And if it's leaking it may be the reason it needed a new jug to begin with..

Ah, OK..

Best thing I can suggest is to go over it with a fine toothed comb, check all the joints, base gasket, etc. Maybe someone else will chime in who has experience with that specific saw.

A fuel filter is a cheap and easy thing to replace.. perhaps start with that and make sure the fuel line isn't getting soft or collapsed

Latest posts

Back