My 880 muffler mod and timing quest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michpatriot

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well I'm new here and this would be my first post. I recently picked up a new 880 and after a couple months started down the more power path. I'm interested in hearing from anyone with info on advancing the timing on this saw, I have advanced and opened up the muffler on my 201TC-M and it runs tops now. I'm interested in just advancing the timing just a couple of degrees on this 880, not gonna swap out the limited coil just yet, I have a feeling that for me it won't make too much difference in the cut. I run 100% gasoline in all my two strokes and have no problem if I needed to run as much octane as needed to keep things happy with the timing advanced.

Attachments

• 20200918_210544.jpg
    20200918_210544.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
Anyhow the limiters on the carb are pulled and I richened it up after the muffler job and it really woke the saw up! But I feel like there's more to be had...timing next I guess. Anybody want to chime in on their timing advance on an 880? How many degrees? Anybody ever advance a limited coil 880?

Back