My Belgian weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As some of you know from a couple of threads, I got to spend the weekend with Belgian. Saturday morning we spent some time in the shop, I started on two McCulloch saws and didn't make any progress on either. Roland put together a 262 Husky and got it running.

Roland at work
attachment.php

Putting the final tune on this project
attachment.php

You need a sharp chain to really appreciate your work
attachment.php

Now some people would call Roland a tightwad but let's face it, he's just a few miles (or kilometers) from the Dutch border, he's just frugal. Cut those cookies thin enough you can see through them.
attachment.php

He does have other interests besides saws, biking comes to mind...we did not take the BMW for a spin but did go out on the pedal power jobs for a tour on Sunday morning.
attachment.php

Mark

Dayummmmmmmm ole Belgian is looking mighty spiffy on that BMW bike. Looking good,:clap::clap::clap::clap:

A tightwad.......grrrrr....naaaaaah, it's just a method to see if my chain cuts straight...:sucks::hmm3grin2orange:

Haha, I bet the salesman that sold you that bike didn't make enough money on it to buy a soda pop,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I didn't know you was a yuppie Belgian. Ole geezer buzzing around on a motorcycle. Remember ole chap your still old, looking good though,haha

I won't bother so show you all the photo's I took of his shop and collection, time and space would not permit it.

I will show a few items to highlight his magnificant finds:

Here are some of the most recent acquisitions, Rexo two man, Mercury Kiekhaefer two man, and Rexo one man saws
attachment.php

Roland (or Bill G) will have to identify this vintage Stihl unit
attachment.php

Notice that the paint isn't even worn off the chain!
attachment.php

My favorite was the Rexo one man with manual clutch
attachment.php

And in the basement, this pristine 090, the paint wasn't even worn off the bottom
attachment.php

Mark

Haha, I bet the salesman that sold you that bike didn't make enough money on it to buy a soda pop,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I didn't know you was a yuppie Belgian. Ole geezer buzzing around on a motorcycle. Remember ole chap your still old, looking good though,haha

Not a yuppie really, but I like anything with an engine. In my younger days though, my neighbourhood was declared war zone as I took my dirt bike for a ride...those things really gave you a kick after a hard days work.

That BMW bike is a 2003 model, I bought it last year from a Harley Davidson fan who needed money to restore one of his....it was a steal indeed !

Not too tight if he is rolling that sweet boxer...:)

You kidding. I was checking out at the 7-11 when I saw Belgian pull up outside on that BMW. He came in to get a soda pop and when he walked through the store he made this awful squeaking sound, real high pitch too, that only comes from lots of practice,LOLOLOL

Not a yuppie really, but I like anything with an engine. In my younger days though, my neighbourhood was declared war zone as I took my dirt bike for a ride...those things really gave you a kick after a hard days work.

That BMW bike is a 2003 model, I bought it last year from a Harley Davidson fan who needed money to restore one of his....it was a steal indeed !

Somethings are easy to predict,LOLOLOL

Seriously you look good on that bike ole boy. You aren't moonligting on the Mrs are you, I know how old guys are, they wanna be young again, don't ask how I know,hehe

That 090 is a beauty. Ole Hoss would kill to get that saw....

That 090AV is barely used and has superb compression. I had to put an elastostart on it, as even with decomp, it's hard on the hands when it pops the first time. Very heavy with that 32 " bar...toting this saw all day will kill you, even if your name is Hoss...:hmm3grin2orange:

That 090AV is barely used and has superb compression. I had to put an elastostart on it, as even with decomp, it's hard on the hands when it pops the first time. Very heavy with that 32 " bar...toting this saw all day will kill you, even if your name is Hoss...:hmm3grin2orange:

She's a beauty. Hoss has two or three now. He will take all the 090's he can get his hands on. Nice saw you got there for sure,:clap::clap:

Roland keeps his collectable one man saws in the basement, here are a few of them:

The Big Mac shelf
attachment.php

Sweden, Germany, and USA on top
attachment.php

Some you've seen, some you may never see in person
attachment.php

Amongst the fine group of Dolmar saws is this perfect Sachs Dolmar Rotary
attachment.php

All that's yellow is not McGold
attachment.php

Mark

Somethings are easy to predict,LOLOLOL

Seriously you look good on that bike ole boy. You aren't moonligting on the Mrs are you, I know how old guys are, they wanna be young again, don't ask how I know,hehe

What the heck is moonlighting....LOLOL :)

Hey Tommie, me and Mark were talking about you when we were shooting the bull in my workshop that morning...we laughed a lot about folks on AS, especially when your name came up...:greenchainsaw:

What the heck is moonlighting....LOLOL :)

Hey Tommie, me and Mark were talking about you when we were shooting the bull in my workshop that morning...we laughed a lot about folks on AS, especially when your name came up...:greenchainsaw:

What is moonlighting, ha, like you don't know,hehe

So you and Mark were laffing about me, well thats good. Nothing like a good laff I always say.

So how many saws total do you have Belgian, looks like you got one huge collection there..

Kinda cool to put a face to the name. Nice basement BTW!

:greenchainsaw:

Thanks, I must admit that the saws are a litte bit "mixed up" at the moment in that basement. They keep breeding so it's a bit tough to keep up with the storage, and to keep some decent order.

The saws only make it to the basement if they are runners (at least 90%).

Last group then I have to quit for today (it's past my bedtime here in France)

In the attic space over the work shop Roland keeps his two man saws. He knows everyone and I could only I.D. the Reed Prentice (pneumatic powered) and one Stihl since it was 220 electric!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Last edited:
What is moonlighting, ha, like you don't know,hehe

So you and Mark were laffing about me, well thats good. Nothing like a good laff I always say.

So how many saws total do you have Belgian, looks like you got one huge collection there..

My collection is not really big compared to other collectors, but most of my saws I've found myself. Last week, I had the visit of a german and a french collector, and traded some saws (which you can see in my workshop :the Rexo's, the DA211 and the Stihl KS43) with them. They both have each at least over 300 saws, amongst them very rare saws which I have never seen before. These guys have a ton of knowledge on oldies.

I have about 130 single man saws and about 20 two man saws. I am really fond of my 2 man saws though. I'm saving them up for when I retire...:monkey:

Awesome pics Mark. Its always good to see the collection of a serious collector which Belgian obviously is. Good job!!

Back