My Belgian weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My collection is not really big compared to other collectors, but most of my saws I've found myself. Last week, I had the visit of a german and a french collector, and traded some saws (which you can see in my workshop :the Rexo's, the DA211 and the Stihl KS43) with them. They both have each at least over 300 saws, amongst them very rare saws which I have never seen before. These guys have a ton of knowledge on oldies.

I have about 130 single man saws and about 20 two man saws. I am really fond of my 2 man saws though. I'm saving them up for when I retire...:monkey:

150 saws, wow. Keep building that collection Belgian. One day you'll have to build a new shop to hold them all, awesome collection man,:clap::clap::clap:

150 saws, wow. Keep building that collection Belgian. One day you'll have to build a new shop to hold them all, awesome collection man,:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks, Master. Space is becoming indeed a problem already. I can barely set foot in that attic for the moment.

I let Mark also cut some cookies with my MS200 and MS361... You sure would have liked to witness that even a Mac Man could can have that nice grin on his face....LOLOLOL. The pics were on his camera though.

Last edited:
That 090 is a beauty. Ole Hoss would kill to get that saw....

Hopefully, he doesn't! :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Anyway, it looks like a newer 090 (but I believe they have looked "the same" for quite some time) - would be interesting to hear where he got that one! :popcorn::givebeer:

Last edited:
My collection is not really big compared to other collectors, but most of my saws I've found myself. Last week, I had the visit of a german and a french collector, and traded some saws (which you can see in my workshop :the Rexo's, the DA211 and the Stihl KS43) with them. They both have each at least over 300 saws, amongst them very rare saws which I have never seen before. These guys have a ton of knowledge on oldies.

I have about 130 single man saws and about 20 two man saws. I am really fond of my 2 man saws though. I'm saving them up for when I retire...:monkey:

Who will hold them at the front end when cutting?

You better start training the wife on saws! :cheers:

Last edited:
Nice Beemer Roland.
Don't see the 850 out here.
The Dakar was based off the 850 I think.
Have the 1150GS myself.
:cheers:

Thanks ! The 850 is identical to the 1150 but with a smaller engine. However, with its 6 gears, the 850 engine is smoother than the 1150. The 1150 has a reputatio of being pretty rough at lower RPM. I preferred the 850 because its seating level is a tad lower, which I really need...

Who will hold them at the front end when cutting?

You better start training the wife on saws! :cheers:

My wife thinks I am a nut already, so that won't improve in time I guess...:deadhorse:

Hmmmmm, you brought up an interesting point which I didn't really think off. Might as well invite an ole geezer from Norway to hold the tail end then, whadya think ....:hmm3grin2orange:

My wife thinks I am a nut already, so that won't improve in time I guess...:deadhorse:

Hmmmmm, you brought up an interesting point which I didn't really think off. Might as well invite an ole geezer from Norway to hold the tail end then, whadya think ....:hmm3grin2orange:

May be a good idea - if I still live at that point.....:yourock:

This thread is really not about my collection, but about Mark's visit to Belgium.
Besides working in my shop, we also went to see the "Battle of the Bulge" area and to meet a local forest guard, who besides being a saw collector also is a great fan of America and its citizens. On sunday, we went for a biking trip to see some nice places in my place, but the weather was not really helping.

Mark will post surely some new pics tomorrow.

nighters !

Awesome pics and thread Mark! Roland has always seemed like a cool cat to me. :cheers:

And Belgium would be one of the places on the globe I'd like to see someday. :)

Very nice thread and very nice saws indeed! :yourock:

But something is not fitting quite right here! :confused:

Since you fellows are in Belgium, where are the pictures of the fantastic Belgian breweries and fantastic Belgian beer? :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice to see you guys could get together and share some saw stories. Best of all we get to see some pics. That is an awesome collection.

Great pics Mark - thanks for posting.

On sunday, we went for a biking trip to see some nice places in my place, but the weather was not really helping. !

My experience of bicycling in Belgium is that you are never more than about 5 km from a place that sells beer, so as caotropheus says, where are the beer photos?

What's going on with the saucepan on top of the 090G? It is some huge air filter?! Never seen anything like it.

Great collection. I haven't got it that bad....

Very nice thread and very nice saws indeed! :yourock:

But something is not fitting quite right here! :confused:

Since you fellows are in Belgium, where are the pictures of the fantastic Belgian breweries and fantastic Belgian beer? :hmm3grin2orange:

The beer is just hype :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:- they are in a squeeze between Holland and Germany (+ the frog eating wine people South of them), and just have to brag, to survive! :)

Last edited:
It looks like you're having a fine time with Roland, Mark. I'm very impressed with how Roland has things set up there, very clean and comfortable and a nice place for a gearhead to hang out.

Back