My biggest score to date..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't always judge a book by its cover. I went to an equipment auction in Fredricksburg and there was a guy there in dirty ripped up clothes with his underwear literally hanging out and he bought 1/2 the stuff up for sale. Talking to a local guy turns out he was about the biggest developer in Fredricksburg.

Yea he said they were missing enough parts that none of them would run. I found that it was a bar nut here and a cover there. I think most of them are worth ordering the parts for. Now if I can get all the sharpie and white out off..

A little acetone on a paper towel works magic on sharpie--don't know on white out. Be careful, acetone will destroy printing on a label--as in serial no.--don't ask me how I know!

I typically use Laquer thinner but it's harsh on plastic. I don't think there a whole lot thats gonna make them shine though

Perhaps try a headlight cleaning kit to buff the plastic.

As for white-out, if that's indeed what it is, an Xacto knife is probably the best bet to just scrape it off.. it it's paint marker it may not work as well (most likely what it is)... in which case a *dab* of acetone or laquer thinner on a rag may rub it off

Yup good score. :) How does 4 David Bradlys for the effert to cart them off sound? 1 running 1 should only take a little tlc it has better comp than the 1 thats running. The other 2 are basicly compleat other than bars & minor stuff like gas cap here log dog there that type of thing. :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back