My CAD Journey: I never thought CAD would happen to me...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
wait until you get into having them ported. Since I joined in Dec 2010 I have had 25 saws ported... maybe more, but those are the ones I can think of. And I have 3 or 4 that need doing right now.

Can I have your old Lamborghini when it gets dirty and needs new tires and you are throwing it away? TIA

;)

Jon1212

Jon1212

Riff Raff Fart Knocker from other Forum's.
When I first discovered this site I had two saws. Now I have 6 or seven if you want to count the little electric McCulloch. Not sure how it happened?

In three years you've only grown your fleet by 4 1/2 (counting the electric)?

I started with two saws as well. I am a firm believer in Catch& Release CAD. I've probably acquired 50+ saws since joining, but I only kept the ones that were hooked too deep to release (17 saws).

ckelp

ckelp

just being myself
In three years you've only grown your fleet by 4 1/2 (counting the electric)?

I started with two saws as well. I am a firm believer in Catch& Release CAD. I've probably acquired 50+ saws since joining, but I only kept the ones that were hooked too deep to release (17 saws).
and i must say, you do have a sweet fishing hole..

kyle.kipple

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
It's strange how I grew up around saws, but never carried a lot of interest. I needed a saw years ago after I had moved out on my own from the parents. Dad gave me a beater homie 150 that ran and a 028 super, and said" fix it and its yours". So while searching the web for repairing tips and instructions, I found this Damned place. The spiral to the bottom started:rock:. I have since acquired, and sold countless. Currently I have maybe 13-14 saws of various brand, some running, some not. There is a good few that will never have a new home. So I blame this site mainly. Wouldn't change the out come. She would though.:ices_rofl:. As I tell her when she starts dishing the sh*t out, I could be sitting at the local bar for a hobby like most of my friends do. She don't say much after that.

ckelp

ckelp

just being myself
It's strange how I grew up around saws, but never carried a lot of interest. I needed a saw years ago after I had moved out on my own from the parents. Dad gave me a beater homie 150 that ran and a 028 super, and said" fix it and its yours". So while searching the web for repairing tips and instructions, I found this Damned place. The spiral to the bottom started:rock:. I have since acquired, and sold countless. Currently I have maybe 13-14 saws of various brand, some running, some not. There is a good few that will never have a new home. So I blame this site mainly. Wouldn't change the out come. She would though.:ices_rofl:. As I tell her when she starts dishing the sh*t out, I could be sitting at the local bar for a hobby like most of my friends do. She don't say much after that.

your still a NOOB, wait until your hulling 20 saws back home at a time, i've done that one a couple times, the best part about that is giving away to make room for more

kyle.kipple

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
your still a NOOB, wait until your hulling 20 saws back home at a time, i've done that one a couple times, the best part about that is giving away to make room for more
I haven't had 20 in the back of the tahoe before, but I did bring home 13 blown up 660's once. Damn she loved that sight.

o8f150

o8f150

Tree Freak
i started ut with an old homelite super 2 about 5 years ago,,,, i now have 5 saws and have had as many as 20 at one time,,,,i have owned a total of 100+ saws over the years,,, glad i have a wife thats cool with it

kyle.kipple

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
i started ut with an old homelite super 2 about 5 years ago,,,, i now have 5 saws and have had as many as 20 at one time,,,,i have owned a total of 100+ saws over the years,,, glad i have a wife thats cool with it
Mine has calmed down a lot recently. Especially after selling 4 saws in one week funded the new rock on her finger.

Latest posts