My Chainsaw Lending Story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I lent a 361 and a 441 to a friend on the crew who only has a 260. They were headed to cut pines on a several week job and I had other saws to work with. He brought the saws back today but said "I've got good news and bad news". The good news was that the saws are fine, the bad news was that the dual long dogs and roller catcher from the 361 were gone and a single little dog was on the saw. One of the crew members higher up the food chain coveted the setup and put it on his saw. He did ask first but he didn't ask me!

But wait there is more!

Next the borrowers truck was stolen with his 460 and 361 with my dog kit on it. The borrower lives near a used tool shop so he had the idea to stop there first and guess what, his saw was sitting behind the counter! He called SO and the store requires fingerprints and an id from any body who wants to sell them tools so I am hoping for the best. I have no doubt that the borrower will make things good even if he has to buy me a new kit. But I would like to solve this sooner than later. BTW he lost a ton of hand tools he kept in his truck.

I lent a 361 and a 441 to a friend on the crew who only has a 260. They were headed to cut pines on a several week job and I had other saws to work with. He brought the saws back today but said "I've got good news and bad news". The good news was that the saws are fine, the bad news was that the dual long dogs and roller catcher from the 361 were gone and a single little dog was on the saw. One of the crew members higher up the food chain coveted the setup and put it on his saw. He did ask first but he didn't ask me!

But wait there is more!

Next the borrowers truck was stolen with his 460 and 361 with my dog kit on it. The borrower lives near a used tool shop so he had the idea to stop there first and guess what, his saw was sitting behind the counter! He called SO and the store requires fingerprints and an id from any body who wants to sell them tools so I am hoping for the best. I have no doubt that the borrower will make things good even if he has to buy me a new kit. But I would like to solve this sooner than later. BTW he lost a ton of hand tools he kept in his truck.

well, i really dont think this is as bad as it sounds, and i wouldnt let it discourage you from loaning to this guy again. the guy who borrowed your dogs used them on his saw(i have friends like this also, will borrow attachments like a bar, sockets but wouldnt borrow a torque wrench/saw etc), probably because he doesnt like to borrow stuff, and tools are one item i dont like to borrow either.

end result, some worthless piece of #### stole his gear and hes out alot more that $50 for dogs and a chain catcher...

Back