My Champ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toppers

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, just wanted to share pics of my first saw and what got me into this new addiction. This 670 was handed down to my by my Dad and I absolutely love it. Did a teardown and cleaned it up, replaced filters, lines, etc. It saw medium duty as a woodshop saw. Took a safety course and learned how to handle this thing correctly, which I'm glad I did. It absolutely rips and is a real beast.

Attachments

• IMG_2891.JPG
    IMG_2891.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2896.JPG
    IMG_2896.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2897.JPG
    IMG_2897.JPG
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 60
The 670 was the saw to have back in the day and will still hold it's own today.

Yeah I ran it side by side with a Stihl 441 and there was no noticeable difference even though the Stihl has .5 Hp on it, just awesome. What do you think would be the closest Jonsered model today to match the 670?

Congrats on a real nice saw, I owned one years ago and it was always my "go to" saw... you will be very happy with it! I replaced it with a Jonsered 2171 which became and still remains my go to saw. Welcome to the site.

Hello all, just wanted to share pics of my first saw and what got me into this new addiction. This 670 was handed down to my by my Dad and I absolutely love it. Did a teardown and cleaned it up, replaced filters, lines, etc. It saw medium duty as a woodshop saw. Took a safety course and learned how to handle this thing correctly, which I'm glad I did. It absolutely rips and is a real beast.

Welcome to the site and nice saw, you should post that pic and your story on the thread I just started a couple days ago on this very topic, it's on page two
ADLM

Latest posts

Back