My concience is killing me...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarioMO

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My conscience is killing me...

...for making up a story about the Husqvarna 288xp.

I did buy it but it was through eBay. I tried to hide it so you guys won't find and buy it ahead of me.

All the details I said were true and are from the listing and from what the seller told me via my e-mail communications with him.

I may get crucified for this but better to come out clean.

My apologies again.

Dario

Last edited:
I wouldn't sweat it too much dude. If someone wants to buy a saw, they're going to be looking for it anyway- and you wouldn't be able to hide it from them. Next time just say you're looking at such and such saw and this is the deal. Just don't mention the ebay part. Let them find it on their own without leading them to it. You needn't go to the lengths of making up a tale. And alot of us have given up buying saws on ebay, as there aren't the deals there used to be. If I want a used saw, I look at a pawn shop, and handle it before I buy it, and don't pay shipping. And out here, there's no shortage of saws in pawn shops.

Concience is a "biathc" isn't it? :laugh: :laugh:

Take care all,
Jeff

I had a post looking for some parts,

& I was also eyeing eBay for a parts saw. There were some other AS members looking for parts for the same make & model. Well, a trying-to-be-helpful AS member was nice enough to post links to every open eBay auction for that make & model. I did wind up winning the parts saw off eBay.

Chris J.

a m,an who wants to be strait with us.. always a plus.. besides i cant see any problem with what you did.. as far as i understand it

Karma?

Guys,

I did get the saw...suffice to say that I was so disappointed I had to file a claim from eBay/Paypal for re-imbursement. The chainsaw is filthy, damaged and incomplete :angry: ... I didn't even bother trying to power it up.

2nd bad experience for me in 5 years of eBaying. I had one item not delivered a few years back and Paypal let me down.

If Paypal doesn't come through this time...I'll try claiming through my credit card company.

I guess, this is what I get for starting a purchase with a (white) lie.

Dario

Don't bother with paypal. In all likelyhood won't get your money. They have several class action lawsuits against them right now because of it. Dispute the charge on your credit card. By federal law Paypal has to pay your credit card company back if it cannot prove you didn't receive the goods you bought within 3 days of when the charge is disputed.

Bottom line:

dispute through paypal = you being bent over.

dispute through credit card = returned money.

Ive been through this before and just trying to save you from getting raped by paypal.

DirtTroll said:
... By federal law Paypal has to pay your credit card company back if it cannot prove you didn't receive the goods you bought within 3 days of when the charge is disputed...

I received the merchandise...can I still work with my Credit Card company?

DarioMO said:
I received the merchandise...can I still work with my Credit Card company?

Don't know. If it wasn't as advertised, I'd say yes but I'm not your credit card company. Best bet is to call them and find out.

Sorry it went this way for you. Forget Ebay, Contact Paypal and tell them to expect a chargeback, period. Don't go thru the paypal procedure, just tell them. Then call your cc company and try to cancel the payment. You might have to wait until it actually appears on your cc bill and then protest the charges. Do this now. Paypal moves a little faster when the chargeback is made clear, they don't want to eat it.

Thanks guys,

Since I already started a claim procedure, I will give Paypal until mid-next week. After which I will call my credit card company.

Experience like this is a good medicine to stop my eBay addiction though :p LOL.

The saw probably originated from a member here actually since there is a label/sticker with his usename. Just to clarify, I am NOT saying he is the seller I bought it from...but the eBay seller probably bought it from the AS member (could be years ago).

From now on...I will only buy saws from known source or if I can inspect it. Tough way to learn my lesson.

BTW...if I do get a refund. How will I return the saw to the seller. Should I pay for the shipping?

Dario

trimmmed said:
Have you notified the seller?

Yes. He is not responding to me...but seems like he did to Paypal. I got a note from Paypal saying that seller did not agree with my complain and they will investigate. I cannot even add more info now (don't know how) or tell them that I am willing to send pics to prove my case about the damages. Trigger interlock is missing and the sprocket cover is broken.

Seller claims he sent everything...I didn't get the bar, chain and protective sleeve. Supposedly the saw will come with a 32" bar...the box is only 20.5" x 20.5" x 20.5"...no way a 32" bar will fit in there! :angry: Note that 32" bar is a few inches longer...which of course you all know. The saw is in a 20" long plastic Sterilite bin too/ making it impossible to put the bar diagonally.

This is one of the seldom times that I get mad.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Best to listen those telling you to get tough thru your credit card company.

I got some real crap saws off eBayware. I won 3 saws about 6 months ago, a package deal. The main one I was interested in was described as "looks like it might be close to running", or something along those lines. That saw was filthy, & there was a huge dust & dirt ball in the carb. All 3 saws looked as though they had been left outside in a trash heap for at least a couple of years. Seller asked if I wanted to return them, but I kept them because some of the older Jonsered parts aren't that easy to find.

Chris J.

I hope that this won't an expensive lesson for you not to dispute through paypal. It most definitely looks like it will be. As far as paypal is concerned, you got your merchandice. Your only recourse is to dispute your credit card if you want to see your money.

DirtTroll said:
I hope that this won't an expensive lesson for you not to dispute through paypal. It most definitely looks like it will be. As far as paypal is concerned, you got your merchandice. Your only recourse is to dispute your credit card if you want to see your money.

Eggzactly!!~ Paypal will only act if there has been no delivery, they don't get involved with differences of opinion regarding the listing description.

as far as e-ebay, if i want the saw, i'll get it as long as it only goes for what it is worth. i have seen many people bid far more then what the saws value is. i got caught in the bidding war once. i was not going to let the saw go to anyone else. i looked at my screen and said to myself "self, what the heck are you doing? that saw is no way worth what you just bid". i was happy someone else out bid me. a few dollars more and i could have got a new one.
i have been lucky. i have bought many saws from e-bay. it is important to ask the seller the right questions. you can tell if they don't have a clue.
i did buy one saw that everything sounded sweet. too good to be true. when the saw got here it was junk. inside and out. i contacted the seller and explained my problem. a few days later i got a money order for what i payed. i also received a note that explained he was only selling the saw for a freind. every question i asked of him he asked his freind. his freind responded through the seller. the guy just wanted to get rid of the saw. the seller told me to keep the saw for my headaches. his e-bay reputation was more important then a few dollars.
too bad everyone can't be that honest. marty

I got a package today containing the bar, chain and cover. It was shipped separately using a different carrier (USPS). The saw was shipped via FedEx.

I am trying to get the seller to help me cover the replacement cost for the trigger release and I am willing to let the other damages go which are "tolerable". Honestly though, I haven't fired up the saw yet! DUH :dizzy:

Just for info....how much is the trigger release and how difficult is it to install? I am not sure if other stuff are damaged/missing but I will take care of those on my own if he can share this cost.

I am not even sure if it is worth arguing about but I sometimes can head butt with someone not because of the cost but because of principle.

Latest posts

Back