My cutting board chainsaw holder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliniford

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Finally decided to do this little project I have been putting off. Ever since dropping my 346 out of the tractor bucket. Then after our recent wind storm that dropped several trees and me having the saw riding at my feet on the tractor while I did storm cleanup. Figured no better time than the holiday today to get it done. Hope you like it cause I sure do. Total cost $12 for the cutting board at Walmart and $2 for the nuts and machine screws.
clints phone 029.JPG clints phone 030.JPG clints phone 031.JPG clints phone 033.JPG clints phone 034.JPG clints phone 036.JPG clints phone 037.JPG clints phone 038.JPG

Looks really good to me. I'd call it a chainsaw holster. Various lengths could be made for other bars. I've made similar ones using hardwood and glue. Here's my longest for a 25" bar:

Some guys call these scabbards. Walnut, oak, and ash all work well, but I have also used 1/4" MDF with some success. You need about a 5/16" separation gap for the bar and chain and 1/4" thickness for the sides. Here's an early attempt that also includes a scrench holder:

Looks good a little fancy for me I normally stick them between the headache and fuel tank in the crummy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

nice job. and great to see your kiddo getting involved. life experience she'll keep forever.

I thought about building a mount like that but only to go on a truck. seems like a great idea.
I really like yours made out of a cutting board, i will have to remember that one.

Nice work. Where in Wmart was the cutting board located. Kitchen stuff or fishing isles?

Nice work. Where in Wmart was the cutting board located. Kitchen stuff or fishing isles?
Kitchen stuff. I believe it was like 15"x22" give or take. I bought two figuring I would need that much but ended up having enough to build two holders. Will probably give the second to my BIL for his tractor since he does a lot of firewood and has the exact same tractor as mine.

I need scabbards for the front rack of an ATV to free up room and keep bar oil off the hood. Thanks for the ideas.

i would make a few but i dont have a tractor and i might run my saws a few hours a year

Madsen's was carrying some that had a plate in them with a screw adjustment to keep the bar tight in the scabbards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back