My first saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's better than going too small. My first was my Jonsered 2036. Didn't comprehend how bad it was until I got a chance to handle some real saws. Now I just use it to cut vines and brush around fences and rocks.

Dude go out and get yourself a nice new saw if'n that's what you want, you deserve it.
LOL
Deserve it... yes.
Justify it... no.
Just can't justify that kind'a money for a new saw.
I'll go at it like I do my firearms... buy, sell, swap 'n' trade my way into what I'm wantin'.

I cry every time I think back on all the Firearms I sold or traded ( usually out of necessity ) Over the years they have become iconic sought after Weapons that sell now for a hell of a lot more then I sold them for! Hindsight 20/20 LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can delete the duplicates.

I know what you mean, I sold a 68 Mustang GT Factory 428 CJ with factory Drag Pack (4:30 gears). There were only a few made at year end, and Ford won the NHRA Winter Nationals with that car that year. I bought it for $1,200, sold it for $2,500, and a few years ago fully restored ones were selling for 1/2 million at Barrett Jackson. I could go on ... my current Mustang is #10, had a 70 Boss 302, a 67 w/AC, tilt away steering wheel, brushed aluminum interior, 8 track player, regular console plus overhead console w/map lights and a 390, etc.

But I still got my 348 Winchester, a Deluxe model with engraving that I paid $325 for in the early 70s.

Does any one know if it is odd that the D.o.m. number on my new saw is 07 13. That is almost 2 years ago, or is that a common thing?

I checked my 362 and the DOM is 11-13 and I purchased it in Jan 2014, but that saw is made here (in VA). I believe 661s are made in Germany.

Maybe you got an early one that was not re-called. If it runs well, I would not worry about it. If you have any problems, I would bring that sticker to their attention.

So far it runs amazing. But I have not got to run it for very long yet. What was it that they fixed on the ones that where recalled?

Back