My First Youtube Video!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After a good struggle I finally completed and aired my first video. It's a White Oak removal we did by a house and pool. A GRCS was used for most of the rigging and I had the Spiderjack II and a friction saver with a pulley and a krab on the climbing system. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6_igIaMqYE

Last edited:
Good video, who took it? They had a good idea of when to zoom in and out so we can see the interesting parts.

I never realized how quick the GRCS can crank up a piece, hmmmmm...

keep e'm commin Nails, practise makes perfection;) where ya get the suspenders?

Good video, who took it? They had a good idea of when to zoom in and out so we can see the interesting parts.

I never realized how quick the GRCS can crank up a piece, hmmmmm...

My wife took the video and I put it together for Youtube. I told her to try to get everything and she did a great job. I trust her behind a camera, she has an eye for it.

Last edited:
Not bad nails.

I think I saw the spider in action at one point, Correct? if so it looked like it picked the slack right up on its own eh??

I'm not completely sold on the grcs yet (even though I got one), I wont trust that tthing until I know I can rope a 1000+ lbs log down over the roof and let it run (with the winch on). Do any of you guys use it like this or do you have to switch to the bollard for this??

Oh yeah, the soundtrack was gay. lol.

Last edited:
Nice Video!!!

Nice and smooth....good technique, and you missed the dish!! Nice flat drops on your jump cuts and the ground crew did a nice job by not shocking the gear. What was the elapsed time? Did you clean it all up?

Nice and smooth. great groundies, priceless !!!

hey man that was really nice i tried to give you rep but i can't . it looks really cold your wife must really like you to stand for the video mine would have told me to bring the tripod . if anyone talks#### than there a #######. my only complaint is why such a nice tree too bad.:cheers:

Not bad nails.

I think I saw the spider in action at one point, Correct? if so it looked like it picked the slack right up on its own eh??

I'm not completely sold on the grcs yet (even though I got one), I wont trust that tthing until I know I can rope a 1000+ lbs log down over the roof and let it run (with the winch on). Do any of you guys use it like this or do you have to switch to the bollard for this??

Oh yeah, the soundtrack was gay. lol.

I put alot more than a 1000 pound on mine and I works just fine. Just watch the rope doesn't go over itself on the winch. Groundie did that to me once or twice. Hey Nails no chainsaw pants, one handed cuts, no two point attachment? Just kidding good job! I really like the GRCS for taking up slack and doing rip cuts. Keep them comin!!:cheers:

Back