My First Youtube Video!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice and smooth....good technique, and you missed the dish!! Nice flat drops on your jump cuts and the ground crew did a nice job by not shocking the gear. What was the elapsed time? Did you clean it all up?

That job took 2 hrs. from when we pulled in to when we left. We didn't clean it up, the owner was going to make it into firewood where it sat. All we did was block up the spar cause his saw wasn't big enough.

Last edited:
Not bad nails.

I think I saw the spider in action at one point, Correct? if so it looked like it picked the slack right up on its own eh??

I'm not completely sold on the grcs yet (even though I got one), I wont trust that tthing until I know I can rope a 1000+ lbs log down over the roof and let it run (with the winch on). Do any of you guys use it like this or do you have to switch to the bollard for this??

Oh yeah, the soundtrack was gay. lol.

Yes MDS, the Spider lets the line fall right through it on ascent. The GRCS can be lowered either way, winch or bollard. It's something you have to play with, and if your ground help isn't sharp you will have problems.

Last edited:
Nice vid nails.

At the start, were you going up without lanyard? Looked quick, I've never tried that and I'm probably too chicken to do that.

That tree looked like red oak to me based on the color and bark, not the white oak I am used to. But it could very well be that I really don't know what white oak is :cheers:

2 hours is good time compared to how long I think it would have taken me.

Nice vid nails.

At the start, were you going up without lanyard? Looked quick, I've never tried that and I'm probably too chicken to do that.

That tree looked like red oak to me based on the color and bark, not the white oak I am used to. But it could very well be that I really don't know what white oak is :cheers:

2 hours is good time compared to how long I think it would have taken me.

Yeah, I was.

Oak schmoak, it's all good wood!:cheers:

Looking good.:cheers: Nice progression and very smooth. I like the use of the humboldt.

We need some love for the groundies too.:) I saw at least 3 guys on the ground.

Must be nice having that many guys. For that kind of job, we run 1, maybe 2 guys on the ground. Makes for hard work when the other groundie sucks. I always seem to be in that position.:dizzy:

Love your work Nails! I can't believe you've got a GRCS! You seem to have every toy that I ever think about getting! I would love to see some close ups of it in action although it looks like it works very well. You have now become my benchmark for toy aquisitions!

Looking good.:cheers: Nice progression and very smooth. I like the use of the humboldt.

We need some love for the groundies too.:) I saw at least 3 guys on the ground.

Must be nice having that many guys. For that kind of job, we run 1, maybe 2 guys on the ground. Makes for hard work when the other groundie sucks. I always seem to be in that position.:dizzy:

I had my dad and brother on the ground, both climbers and good tree guys. The third wheel there was the homeowner. He is a good old boy that couldn't get enough of the action. He wanted to be all up in those limbs comming down, lol.

If you look to the far end of the house there is another White Oak a little bigger, we are taking that down next year.

Love your work Nails! I can't believe you've got a GRCS! You seem to have every toy that I ever think about getting! I would love to see some close ups of it in action although it looks like it works very well. You have now become my benchmark for toy aquisitions!

I am a sucker for tree gear. I have tried denying it, but it's no use. It's all fun stuff.

You NAILED IT!!! Very nice work. You got a good videographer, I would keep her, but you already know that! :cheers:

White Oak Removal

Thanks for going through the trouble of doing the video. It was great. I look forward to the next one. Keep em' coming.

Yep you did good. And yes the music was a nice touch. :cheers:

MAN I wanna make a video now! :blob2:

Wow. Nice clean work and done in 2 hours!

Great vid all round mate. I got a couple of ideas from that for a job tomorrow. Now if only there was a GRCS lying around here somewhere.....

Latest posts

Back