My First Youtube Video!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am gonna echo what masiman said about the no lanyard going up, very unprofessional and needlessly dangerous. It dont take far to break a leg, and then no more fun.

Just something to think about, thats all.

Nice vid nails.
That tree looked like red oak to me based on the color and bark, not the white oak I am used to. But it could very well be that I really don't know what white oak is :cheers:
It's a white oak, the video makes the bark look funny but you can tell by the lighter collor outer rings and darker center of the wood, red oak doesn't have that on any I've seen around here.

I'll be the #####.

You did more one handing in that one removal than my entire company does in an entire year combined. Yes, I practice what I preach.

Otherwise, nice job, that GRCS is pretty slick, would love to have the opportunity to work with one. Heck, I'm lucky to even talk anyone at work into setting up a 3:1 or 5:1 for lifting branches if the need arises.

Video is great too, your wife did a good job. Alot better than most you see, with random zooming, shaking, jumping, as if they were trying to video an earthquake or something.

That job took 2 hrs. from when we pulled in to when we left. We didn't clean it up, the owner was going to make it into firewood where it sat. All we did was block up the spar cause his saw wasn't big enough.

2 hours curb to curb? Is the battery in your watch going?:)

where's the mill??!!

you got to drop that nice, big stick and it's firewood? no mill? job well done though.

Nice work!

real smooth!

glad you got that politically correct helmet for the shoot!

i say if you're comfortable one handing,go for it.i do it a lot more than you did.

i have a feeling it goes on a lot more with the guys who poo poo it than we know.

i one hand my ass off when im flyin the bucket... really saves on having to lower everything. i do watch my positioning carefully though...

while we're talking about one handing the saw I'll say this, Using one hand on the top handle saws is like carrying a loaded gun in your pocket, do it right and theres nothing to worry about........

I am so guilty of one handing my 023 even:rolleyes:. Only when it can be thrown out in front of me or reaching down letting it hang though.

real smooth!

glad you got that politically correct helmet for the shoot!

i say if you're comfortable one handing,go for it.i do it a lot more than you did.

i have a feeling it goes on a lot more with the guys who poo poo it than we know.

:agree2:

I've had that helmet over a year now and really like it. I did some sanding on the head gear and turned a rivet around so it locks on and fits comfortable now.

I am gonna echo what masiman said about the no lanyard going up, very unprofessional and needlessly dangerous.

Nails get a rope through a fork and have one of your groundies give you a belay off of the GRCS (or on a figure 8 clipped to their saddle or to webbing loopie around their waste), that way you can still freestyle it up the tree without as much risk.

As for the oak video, a job well done, especially the camera work!

Nails get a rope through a fork and have one of your groundies give you a belay off of the GRCS (or on a figure 8 clipped to their saddle or to webbing loopie around their waste), that way you can still freestyle it up the tree without as much risk.

As for the oak video, a job well done, especially the camera work!

That is a good technique, I actually have video of me climbing up a 5' Silver Maple that way. Just make sure the groundman doesn't pull you off your spikes.

I always try to get my brother to take me up on the GRCS, but I don't think he wants to crank that much while I ride in style. We have a drill you can mounts on the GRSC for effortless pulling, but have never used it yet. That would be like a powered ascender.

LOL I got a few free rides up on the GRCS too, when I first got it. Then I realized that it is way harder on the groundies arms to crank me up than it is on my legs to climb. I don't have the drill and attachment for it yet.

Back