My First Youtube Video!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You beats the nail on the heads!!!!....nice job man, and the better half did a good job on the vid...keep up the good work..

Last edited:
OK that makes sense then... And I'd call that good customer service.. cause if it was me, he'd be dealing with the open face notch on the butt cut... He'd have had more wood too though, as it could have been cut a good bit lower with an open face... and with the pull line, and all that open space for a drop zone... the open face could have been 6" deep or less and still been 100% reliable with a good back cut... So it wouldn;t have been much of a factor in dealing with the wood...

And I guess what I really think is that the humboldt is just so much harder to cut, matching up the cuts and all on the upward sloping cut... a major hassle... That's just me though.. Loggers seem to have no problem with it.. I AM just an arborist..

Yep, I agree with murphy all the way, open face cut is best for arborist...its all I use, good control for HO type work, but not saying humbolt dont work for you though nails...you do very good work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back