My Girlfriend says to say 'Thank you' to all the AS chainsaw people

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windthrown

361 Junkie
Reaction score
Went out cutting firewood today, and the saws were all running great. The chains were all tight and nice and sharp (even after we were through cutting 3/4 of a cord of mostly hard madrone and Doug fir), they all started on 1 or 2 pulls, and they all idle right and don't stall any more. They also burn through bucking logs into firewood. That is a far cry from last year when we would go out and throw chains, the 290 would stall out, they would bounce off the wood from being dull, or they would just plain not start.

So my girlfriend said to pass along a general "Thank You" to my fellow chainsaw junkies on this forum, whom without sharing their knowledge and insight we would never have the saws that we have, nor would they be running the way that they are.

The downside of course is that I am developing chainsaw collection disease. I am always on the lookout on Ebay and other palces for chainsaw deals. I hang out more often at the local Stihl shop too. And of course I am getting into more debates online on this forum about nuances and details about chainsaws that I would never have dreamed of a year ago...

ANYWAY.... THANK YOU AS CHIANSAW FORUM!

there is no cure.
to help keep the disease under control I find it is best to acquire a new saw every 30-45 days.

How do you have the will power to make it that long? :laugh:

My G/F doesn't like this place because it takes up too much of my time... she doesn't like my saw obsession, because it too, takes up too much time...

:hmm3grin2orange:

Freakingstang said:
How do you have the will power to make it that long? :laugh:
It takes an extraordinary amount of will power, not that I can muster it mind you.
Just this past weekend I succumbed to the lure of a Skil 1645 a WestBend powered Montgomery Ward and another 272XP.
and there are 2 more out there that have been calling my name :biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:
Chainsaw Collector Disease (CCD)

Windthrown,Sorry to hear about you accquiring this illness, but you are not alone.I and many others in this forum have this medical anomoly of that know known cure has yet to be discovered.My wife is well aware of this medical addiction and has taken several steps to help correct this unusual behavior. For instance, the other night I was looking at a BAiley catalog, admiring a new saw. Well she picked up the phone and called her sister. (She is a lawyer) Well to put it bluntly, "if you bring home with another saw, something else will be cut off." I wonder what she ment by that crack? I may have to buy her that pearl necklace before I even think about that 7900. Enjoy the forum. Plenty of great people hear. Ken

So my girlfriend said to pass along a general "Thank You" to my fellow chainsaw junkies on this forum, whom without sharing their knowledge and insight we would never have the saws that we have, nor would they be running the way that they are.

It sounds like you might have a keeper there! :hmm3grin2orange:

To hell with the stupid saws (you can always get more of those); does she split wood and haul brush too?:biggrinbounce2:

I would have thought that being in the tree service and logging business that I would be over it by now as we go through about four or five new saws a year,but I haven't.Every time I get new saws(about every 3 or 4 months),I still hate to see it get used,dirty and scratched up.I just bought two new 395 Husky's last week,and haven't even had them out on a job site yet.It's gonna break my heart to see them get all banged up,but I guess that's life.:yoyo:

My wife would like to say thank you as well...but it's not a "polite" thanks like your GF said.

It's more of a "...thanks a-freakin'-lot..." :blob2:

(She doesn't get to use the laptop much anymore, either.)

She (your girlfriend) sounds like a good woman to support your habbit. Good job!!!

Last edited:
She hauls brush...

To hell with the stupid saws (you can always get more of those); does she split wood and haul brush too?:biggrinbounce2:

Generally when we are out in the woods collecting firewood, I cut and she hauls the wood to the truck. She is intimidated by the Stihl chainsaws (the 290 is tough on the hand/arm with the starter recoil). She will also hunt up logs to cut and loves to walk through thick underbrush. Somewhat to her detriment, as she is allergic to poison oak. We do not split much wood here as the OWB burns really large logs. She does haul brush though...

G/F posting...

Yep, take good care of her - and talk her into posting here.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hah! She is an online junkie as it is. She does not need another forum to post on. She has her sheep forums (Daaaaaaveeeeeyyyyy) and local politics (she is on the watershed counsil). She was teasing me about posting on this group so much, and I mentioned that we have more and better saws becasue of it, and she stopped to think about that. Then she realized that the saws do start and run great now, cut faster, don't throw chains, don't stall out, etc. So she said to pass on the 'thank you' to the group.

We have 'his and hers' laptops, and a satellite uplink here in the sticks of OR. Far better than dial-up. Also, I have to admit that AS is a far better forum and group than Mother Earth News. I dropped off that list this summer after long flame wars and endless spam. The smilies are far better here too. So too is the forum content, which really does apply to my needs living here better than most other stuff. Growing trees, orchards, buzz saws, living in timber country, cutting firewood, outdoor wood boiler, yadda yadda. :blob2:

Guarding the G/Fs...

"...I cut, she hauls.."

KEEP HER!!!! and guard her... half of AS is on the hunt for such a woman:hmm3grin2orange:

Yah, she is a hottie on top of all that. She has 3 ex-husbands. I wrestled her away from the last one :D I keep guard over her with the 361 loaded with a razor sharp chisel chain and the 290 handy as a backup.

The disease worsens with time....I spent my saturday searching for a piston ring for an antique saw that I won't use once it's running....cough,cough,....... sick.

Latest posts

Back