my haul today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhoff310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I topped this tree from one of my dads rentals a few weeks back when he was still alive and able to assist me. Well today I finally went back and took the rest of it down and brought it home. Standing dead ash, I left the punky crap behind in my trailer to go to the dump. Here it what I got out of it. Notice the spring in the last picture, not to mention the almost flat tire.

Good thing it was only 1/2 a block away from my house

At 1/2 block, wouldn't it have been easier to just run two loads?

Cool pix. Definitely worth some overload rep!!!

It would've been easier to run 2 loads but I was pressed for time today. I have to go back tomorrow and get another load of mixed wood. Trimmed some mulberry, walnut, hackberry, and some I am not sure of.

Jeff

Nice load,

I would be more worried about the frame busting than the low tire.

Them old 'Yotas do not hold up well to the road salt around here.

Nice load,

I would be more worried about the frame busting than the low tire.

Them old 'Yotas do not hold up well to the road salt around here.

I'll bet the pic is focused more on the upside down leaf spring than the tire. I put helper springs on my tacoma and even unloaded the damn thing's leaf springs have negative arch. Doesn't seem to matter though, I frequently tow a fully loaded 6x12 trailer & bed full of wood out of state. Just keep it in 3rd or 4th gear and forget about 5th. Toyota trucks are like battered housewives on the show COPS. You beat them & treat them like crap and they're always there for you.

Todays Haul UPDATED!!!

I got a call this morning from an acquaintance who some amateur tree work. He took down a Mulberry and told me to come get it. I went and got that and then I saw a tree crew taking down an ash tree. I stopped and talked to them and they told me to take what i want. I went back later and got some wood I know they will be in the same area dropping more ash trees tomorrow so I plan to go and get some more.

Sitting on 12-15 cords of wood, 3+ cords of wood to pick up at my dads house, how much is too much

Jeff

I was actually there the day Jeff got that initial load that almost broke the springs. I opted to walk back, wasn't even room for the saws on there, lol

Back