my haulin and splittin setup.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiting-5

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
finally got everything setup ready to go. chains sharpened,splitter gased,trailer ready,dog ready,will be hitting it hard in morning at the ole hickory mill should be great day. starting to get tired of all the doom and gloom on tv and radio it will be nice to just let my mind wander while me and the boys get splittin.

Nice setup. I like your 5 gallon fuel tank mount,and ammo box on the splitter.Do you tow the double setup on the road? I would think the splitter would be flung around pretty good on bumps,and turns being towed being the empty utility trailer.I think the whip effect would roll it pretty easily,if you arent very careful.

cool set up you have there I especially like the gas tank carrier mounted on the splitter. do you haul the splitter hooked to the trailer down the road or just on your property good luck with you splittieng ? :greenchainsaw:

Nice setup. I like your 5 gallon fuel tank mount,and ammo box on the splitter.Do you tow the double setup on the road? I would think the splitter would be flung around pretty good on bumps,and turns being towed being the empty utility trailer.I think the whip effect would roll it pretty easily,if you arent very careful.

ammo box on the splitter? Are you referring to the rifle or am I missing something?

Never mind... I just saw it.

cool setup you have there... but do you tow that on the road with that trailer? Must be a real biotch to back up.

Last edited:
when i go to the hickory mill to split rounds it 8 miles good rural country road dont go all that fast no whipin problem it has enough tounge weight.dont have to back up big circle drive at the mill if i need gas its pull through.dont take the ak out when splittin.me and the boys was popin off some rounds today.do carry a pistol in the ammo box just in case.

Does your splitter run off diesel? :clap: Wouldn't it be funny if someone stole that can and dumped 5 gallon of gas in their diesel. Nice setup I use to tow a 4x8 behind my dump trailer to haul the Super Splitter. I didn't have any troubles either.

Scott

no just got really good deal on the diesel cans lol. dont worry about stealing the gas always with the rig besides if there going to get it at my house the got 800 feet of driveway to get up or 1/4 mile of woods to go through. dont see the risk vs. reward being that great. plus take note of ak47 in the rack on 4 wheeler not the only one at our shack!!!

Wow, I like the chainsaw with the wooden handle. Must be fun to chop down trees with that.

dont have to back up big circle drive at the mill if i need gas its pull through.dont take the ak out when splittin.me and the boys was popin off some rounds today.do carry a pistol in the ammo box just in case.
nice setup, I was about to ask if crime was so bad in your area that you needed an AK-47 for protection while splitting wood......lol

I love it!!
The AK is sweet too! Never can be to careful out there! When your 10, 15miles from home and come face to face with a hungry animal, that's the wrong time to say "I should have brought my gun"! Out in these parts, the faries "in the valley"(from Seattle,WA. to Eugene,OR.) outlawed cat hunting with dogs. The Cougars are getting overpopulated and killing livestock. No of one guy hunting out by LaGrand,Or. last year, turned to find a cat in a dead run at him! Luckely he put it down, showed it to Fish & Wildlife, got to mount it! Scary...:jawdrop:

Always carry a piece!:yourock:

Very nice toys. The 7.62 launcher is very good for some stress relief. I am building a 7.62 x 39mm AR15 for my son. Del-Ton upper, stripped Rocky lower. The last thing I need is the Timney trigger which should get off back order tomorrow. A man can’t work all the time….

Latest posts

Back