My hopes arose, then were dashed, by the sound of a Stihl....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Dropped off one child at school, then as my son and I walked to the car, "hark, what bird is that?",
"daddy, what do you hear?"
" why son, that's the call of the elusive Stihl buzzard, tree muncher"
" we have a bird like that around our house, don't we dad"?
"yes we do son, but this is a wild one, it travels all over the county, and we must do our due diligence to find out if it leaves many logs behind."
" Quick dad, we have to get in the car and find it right away and catch those logs before they get away, right dad?"

Alas, we home in on the oft elusive Stihl buzzard, and there in our path is a quad axle dump truck, no chipper/bucket truck/climber/nothing, just a wrecking crew with a concrete saw.

Dang nabbit.

Stihl beats the sound of my neighbor's unknown, but definitely cheap saw munching on them flat domesticated wood pieces that must have been nailed together as punishment for not being suitable for firewood in the first place!

Wonder what they think when I fire up the Dolmar? I'm guessing nearly the same one they get when they see me plowing the garden with a 3 bottom plow...

Back