My life, my workbench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He only has stihl stuff,but chainsaw tools,chain 066 p/c 044,pc parts all nos
carb kits filters bars chain .I bought his brand new in the box ( stihl usg sharpener )
for 550,00 they are eleven hundred and change plus tax he threw in 20 grinding discs
and diamond wheel He should be back in 2 or 3 weeks to empty his storage locker

would be interested in bing carb kits.

no rush on it.. guy is out working somewhere

Meanwhile I took the clutch of the Logmaster apart, the clutch basket is TOTALLY munched up, all sorts of stuff broken and bent in there.. Might have to try and build it from scratch

Same Evilbay seller has most of a parted out GL-7 (105cc) listed.[emoji106]

Note: The sprocket drum is retained by a 1/4”-28 left hand hex head cap screw. Try finding one of those at the local hardware.

Yeah, right.

Between yourself, Pete, Bob, Myself, and a few other local (BC) people I'm sure we can find a home for a bunch of saws

@rocketnorton Guy I got the 372 from might want a 394..
Hi Effrom
I dont think he has any complete saws except for some 200 top handled ones and an
old 024 woodboss ,However he,s got lots of 044/440 parts ,dont know much about
that model.He had the repair shop near Stanley Park and all of the cities arborist equiment
Stihl (west Germany)sent saws to him as testers in big lots to distribute and sent them back
after a year I,ve got most of a 440 here less the plastics ,in premium shape,and waiting
for him to return he,s got lots ,and lots of parts nos He has arthritic hands and cant do the
manual stuff any longer

Same Evilbay seller has most of a parted out GL-7 (105cc) listed.[emoji106]

Note: The sprocket drum is retained by a 1/4”-28 left hand hex head cap screw. Try finding one of those at the local hardware.

Yeah, right.
Are you the seller?

Mine is missing the air filter, and the casing is a bit broken behind the flywheel.. looking at what's there, is the air filter integral to that? is that why it's missing?
Yeah, I figured it was left hand thread!
Also, does the clutch drum have two sets of rollers in it or just one?.. any other saw models with the same needles? (I have access to a pile of parts saws)

Though all those parts are reasonably priced, I could easily spend way more than I want to.. my flywheel is missing a couple fins.. you know how it goes!

spaghetti dinner at Effroms noodle factory ,amazing ,with 36 in bar!
and 404 chain :)

Happy new year everyone!

I'm currently working on a little Mitsubishi diesel generator I bought.. was a bare engine/generator with no skid or anything.. Unit had NEVER been fired.. Newage brushless 7.5KW 3phase, 120-480V.. really versatile unit. Been quite a job putting it together but I see the end in sight.. I'll post pics of the finished unit as well
IMG_20181210_233623.jpg

In other news, I should be getting my injector pump back from BD for my truck, it should be a 1000 hp capable pump.. Gonna have to rein in them horses a little, that's a bit much for the truck

Got 4 more saws.. Husky 44 (white top if they came with different colors) needs fuel line, needed an oiler gear but I made one... Got 3 Jred's as well, 520, 630 and 920... bigger 2 got straight gassed, 630 has a broken rear handle so I might not do anything with that saw, 520 needs a piston ring, inhaled a lot of sawdust, guess the filter wasn't on well... I have a P&C for the 920 so that'll get a little port job and thrown together

Got 4 more saws.. Husky 44 (white top if they came with different colors) needs fuel line, needed an oiler gear but I made one... Got 3 Jred's as well, 520, 630 and 920... bigger 2 got straight gassed, 630 has a broken rear handle so I might not do anything with that saw, 520 needs a piston ring, inhaled a lot of sawdust, guess the filter wasn't on well... I have a P&C for the 920 so that'll get a little port job and thrown together
I have that 910E Effrom ,Its pristeen if you Need one

friend has 630, might want parts.

8 sec rx7 @ races last weekend. no pics.
I don't know how many good parts are on it.. I'll take the top end off and see how it looks inside, rear handle is busted up, otherwise doesn't look too bad

I have that 910E Effrom ,Its pristeen if you Need one
Now what would I do with a pristine saw?? lol

So I got in from working out of town a few minutes ago.
My childish mind was focused on doing a little exploratory surgery to the 695 Shinny I picked up from a coworker.
0725191803.jpg
Then I walked into the shop, and heres my bench.
0725191803a.jpg
Then the not so childish part of me says "hey lil buddy, cant do the new one today, remember the chain you have to sharpen and carb issue to work out for the boy".
Oh well, maybe tomorrow....

Latest posts

Back