My life, my workbench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could see myself using this thing a fair bit.. I might give/loan it to my buddy since his Echo 4600 is dead for now.. not quite as nimble, but better than a husky 480

Well, I'm sure y'all have been waiting on bated breath for an update...
We're back to calving time.. got 10 of them so far.

I bought a Miller Trailblazer 302 welder with a bad engine, found one on ebay and after unbelievable difficulty got it in, runs good, thankfully.

Bought another truck last month28548325_10155144489826790_585614153_o.jpg

It's in remarkably good shape for 440,000 kms... It had ONE rusty spot that I've fixed and repainted with some nearly-matched leftover paint.. it'll stave off rust for now anyhow.. maybe I'll do the whole meal deal on it someday

Anyhow, It's warming up a little now.. this yearling Zecca was very comfy in the sun
20180306_101827.jpg

And here she is just totally zoned out

Here's Cenci with a newborn heifer calf, born on the same day as hers last year!

I had a little trouble with one little guy, but he's feeling better now.. and then there are all the pests beating up on me

I had a set of twins, they make quite the picture!
20180228_160440.jpg

Well, i got a few more saws.. a 3 288's, a 394 and an 009L... I really gotta start working on my pile of 2100's here soon

got 18 calves now.. 12 bulls, 6 heifers, 5 to go... lost a good cow last week, which sucked.. got an orphan that's learning to steal milk.

Fiddling on the new truck, getting little gremlins worked out of it... going to do some governor springs and a shift kit.. Doing lots of field work right now, picking rocks especially..grrr

New toys.. Finally picked up the Logmaster and Wright from my friends estate.. Logmaster turns over and has compression, will need to fix recoil, do carb work, and probably ignition too.. Wright is rusted solid, I filled it with ATF and will let it sit for a few months.

Tractor is a Case 646.. super heavy duty garden tractor, hydraulically powered implements, Onan engine.. Loader and bucket are awesome, super fast and strong!$_59.JPG 20180702_234339.jpg 20180702_234310.jpg

Well, I steam cleaned both the old saws.. The Logmaster is getting it's ignition and fuel tank dried out.

Spent a couple hours on the Wright.. I think it'll live another day.. with a LOT of effort I was able to get it apart, the main bearings are totally rusted, they'll need to be replaced (Anyone know what size they are?) Needle bearings on one journal are good, on the other.. well.. if I knew what to replace them with I would.. I figure there must be a lot of saws running that needle bearing.
As for the piston and cylinder.. with LOTS of heat, a brass block, and a hammer I was able to get it to move a bit, and with lots of patience it finally moved both ways, then finally a little bit more each time until it was finally freed.. wow, the rust in there!! With a lot of honing, etc it might clean up.. perhaps not good-as-new, but enough to run... Then I'll have to figure out how to free the stuck rings, preferably without breaking them! Piston looks serviceable.. no scores or pitting on that.

Looks like both saws have the same type of Tillotson carb.. The Wright has a seperate governor butterfly though.. kinda neat idea..

bigbadbob.. So I had put in an offer on that 372 you sent me a link to.. I said $125 and I'll give him a Stihl bar/chain (he's switching to Stihl).. he said no, I said $150 all in, he said no.. I played a waiting game, he emailed me and said "Awww Alright".. so it looks like I'm getting it.. got a couple old seized up McCinderblocks too (33 and a 47), and a 272 basketcase.

I did get the WRight back together, got erratic spark.. when it sparks, it's hot, it's just not always there (just turning it over by hand got spark though.. sometimes)
The Logmaster runs, just gotta make a muffler and air filter for it and see what's up with the clutch

I'm getting known locally for having the magic touch
So I'm drinking some beer and playing cribbage with a buddy, he's got a Husky 61 that was left outside for a month, he tried to start it and it wouldn't go for him... we keep playing crib.. after a while curiosity gets the better of me, I push the choke in and give it a half hearted pull.. it fires right up.. shoulda seen his eyes!
So another cribbage playing buddy says "My friend gave me this saw, says it used to run but doesn't anymore.. friend of mine needs a running saw, can you look at it?".. Of course I can... So he gives me this Husky L65.. I know them inside and out.. before throwing it in the back of the pickup I give it a couple pulls, feels good but no go.. leave it at that.
Get home, open the fuel cap.. no fuel in it.. well that's a problem.. Put a cup of fuel in it, it fires on the second pull. I'll put a little cleaner into the fuel and set the mix, sharpen the chain and give it back... I'll let him run it as it is, if it's underpowered I'll show him what a port job can do for it!

It's been around 37C or so (100F)
President, how have the fires been out your way? We haven't had any here that were bad.. Tree nearly caught fire after a lightning storm a month ago.. I did the hard work then forestry came along and mopped upView attachment 665092 View attachment 665093
Hi Effrom,no fires on our hill thankfully.Friends have called and were told ,we are fine
however we are accepting any and all cash donations.I;ve rebuilt husky 372,575,2100 034
this winter for paying friends.I have the seal puller set(stihl )and an engine stand (stihl)
100 ft stihl chain rolls full skip ,and full house full chizel for 150,00a roll.a retired dealer
sold them to me and has a bunch more stuff he,s getting rid of at fire sale prices when he returns
from vacation.he doesnt deal with anyone else but me and a friend so let me know what your
looking for .I,ve told Bobgonebad and will keep him posted.You calves are sure a happy lot!
Keith

I could be interested in a roll of full skip (even full house) for sure.. Fellow I'm getting the 372 from might be interested in a 394.
If he has some NOS parts for anything in my collection, top covers, brake parts, etc I might be able to spruce up some otherwise drab saws... seems like the 2100's I have all have very worn throttle plates that make idling them impossible, I think I have 2 carbs that are good... gaskets, seals, etc are always handy too

I could be interested in a roll of full skip (even full house) for sure.. Fellow I'm getting the 372 from might be interested in a 394.
If he has some NOS parts for anything in my collection, top covers, brake parts, etc I might be able to spruce up some otherwise drab saws... seems like the 2100's I have all have very worn throttle plates that make idling them impossible, I think I have 2 carbs that are good... gaskets, seals, etc are always handy too
He only has stihl stuff,but chainsaw tools,chain 066 p/c 044,pc parts all nos
carb kits filters bars chain .I bought his brand new in the box ( stihl usg sharpener )
for 550,00 they are eleven hundred and change plus tax he threw in 20 grinding discs
and diamond wheel He should be back in 2 or 3 weeks to empty his storage locker

I wouldn't mind an OEM p&C for my 064.. it has a farmertec one on it now.. Oh, yes, I need the choke/kill lever for the 064 and a top cover wouldn't hurt.. take what I can get lol

got 394, might be sailin here. no show/shelf queen winner. price will reflect that. 160 psi, starts, runs, oils good. may trade for smaller.
no pics yet...

@president , id be interested in 064 tank. mine is functional, just missin chunk outta r. handle, if you remember.

View attachment 665273
He wants to get rid of all chainsaw stuff in a big cheap lot
I will let you guys know and I,m not into skinning anybody
A dealer close by sold me a p/c oem k&s out of Brazil for
220,00,The high top cover was 79,00 Plastics are waaaay high

Latest posts

Back