My little wood shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still working on it . First trusses I had ordered came in wrong and had to send back. Got new trusses and my good neighbor went on vacation for about a month . Hopefully this next week I can get the rest of the trusses up and bracing put up.

I might have found some used roofing tin , have to see what condition that it is in , but it is my favorite four letter F word. FREE
Beefie:hmm3grin2orange:

Awesome project. Less expensive and easier to work with then a load of tarps that rip over time. LOL Keep the pics coming, I'm jealous.

To those of you who wondered if I ever finished my little shed the answer is no.

But I did start on it again this week, Last year I just ran out of time and money to do much more with it. This year the back yard was way to wet , ladder kept on sinking into the ground and tipping. Hard to carry a truss up a ladder when it wants to tip over.

So Now I have all the trusses up and bracing up. Started working on the purlins yesterday. I could not find my camera but when I do I will get some pics up.

I found out the steel for the roof will cost me about $800 bucks, need to get some gravel in there also, so I think I will be into this for about $1500. Not to bad for a shed that is 18' wide buy 32' long with 10' wall.

Beefie

Beefie

Did you say $1500.00 total? your kidding right? Geeeezzzzz,look how much those pissy ass plastic sheds go for at Home Depot.
Lawrence

where did you find the cord wood calculator????? my wood shed is 15x30 stacked 7 ft high......:confused::confused:

Did you say $1500.00 total? your kidding right? Geeeezzzzz,look how much those pissy ass plastic sheds go for at Home Depot.
Lawrence

Yup I said $1500 total. I had seven of the trusses given to me for free and scored a deck off of C.L. that some one was removing. So I got a lot of lumber out of that, yea that was free to.

Tonight one of my buddies got 9 2X6" that are 8' long, for that magical four letter word FREE:cheers:

Beefie

Yup I said $1500 total. I had seven of the trusses given to me for free and scored a deck off of C.L. that some one was removing. So I got a lot of lumber out of that, yea that was free to.

Tonight one of my buddies got 9 2X6" that are 8' long, for that magical four letter word FREE:cheers:

Beefie

Beefie,
Good to see this thread come back and that shed getting done.

While you have the chance, the next time your at the home center, head over to the window section and buy some rolls of Tite-Seal rolls of self-adhering rubber strip and wrap the bottom section of the posts about a foot above and below ground level. That'll help preserve them posts at ground level alot longer by keeping moisture out.

Ted

Beefie,
Good to see this thread come back and that shed getting done.

While you have the chance, the next time your at the home center, head over to the window section and buy some rolls of Tite-Seal rolls of self-adhering rubber strip and wrap the bottom section of the posts about a foot above and below ground level. That'll help preserve them posts at ground level alot longer by keeping moisture out.

Ted

Hey thanks for the tip ted I will have to do that before I fill in the base with gravel.

Beefie

everything041.jpg

everything040.jpg

everything039.jpg

everything038.jpg

The shed is fuller now....Will get more updated pic soon

Nice looking lean to , Are those just 2X4 you are using for the rafters? How does it hold up to snow load. I have all the purlins put up on the front side now I just have to work on the north side . Should be ready for steel in a couple weeks. If this rain whould ever quit.

Beefie

2x4 do good. no much snow here. the metal is off of my neighbors barn they took down. Later I will put new metal on..$$$...... shed size 15x30.

Hey thanks for the tip ted I will have to do that before I fill in the base with gravel.

Beefie

:confused:

You know, since your waiting for the ground to dry out a bit... a picture sure would be nice... even a little small picture... :) :popcorn:

:confused:

You know, since your waiting for the ground to dry out a bit... a picture sure would be nice... even a little small picture... :) :popcorn:

I no I promised pics, I will get some up tonight. I am going out side to take pics as soon as I get done with this post.

Beefie

Back