My new chainsaw carrier

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a damn good idea!! I carry all mine in the front-end loader bucket but have to unload it all if I want to use the bucket to pile brush.

I have an old truck box somewhere. I may have to bolt it to my box blade.

Been thinking about building a bar slot saw holder for my Kubota roll bar to hold one saw while working around the place. I got a pile of nylon wear pieces from the local sawmill. Everything from 20 foot pieces shaped like channel iron to 1/2 thick plates and angle. Hard part is keeping the saw out of the way and keep it from blocking visibility of the cutting edges. I do too much grading, digging and clean up to block off visibility. I like your box though, just not something I can do. Last time I carried saws and supplies in my bucket I saw them airborne for a bit when I bounced over a rough spot. I'd not be happy busting up a spendy saw.

If you look close I have a piece of waffer board jamed under the brace to hold the toolbox firmly in place. Seconds to take it on and off.

Been thinking about building a bar slot saw holder for my Kubota roll bar to hold one saw while working around the place. I got a pile of nylon wear pieces from the local sawmill. Everything from 20 foot pieces shaped like channel iron to 1/2 thick plates and angle. Hard part is keeping the saw out of the way and keep it from blocking visibility of the cutting edges. I do too much grading, digging and clean up to block off visibility. I like your box though, just not something I can do. Last time I carried saws and supplies in my bucket I saw them airborne for a bit when I bounced over a rough spot. I'd not be happy busting up a spendy saw.

bd7eed6d6f150bf333aef981b0cd2884.jpg
19f22668c12dfa7c4a14db2f4af22384.jpg

Erik

A couple of screw eyes and a bungee cord or two would keep it from getting bashed around. I usually throw a carpet scrap in the bottom of my chainsaw cases too.

I was thinking of making a 20 inch long sleeve out of the nylon, wrapped with the bracket like that commercial hanger Erik showed. Mounted at an angle off the roll bar, angled in towards all my hydraulic hoses. Act as a bar cover and a hanger. I will absolutely have a bungee holding it down.

I recently bought a toolbox off FB and made a hitch hauler. I'm going to make a bracket so I can mount it on the back of my garden tractor / UTV . The GT/UTV already has a front box and a boom pole :) You can just see the front box in the second pic. There is also the Goose that I built.

sEyajbQ.jpg

jxXcc5e.jpg

186CjFm.jpg

For the diamond plate toolbox you could always use 2x4s and make an insert that would hold the chainsaws in place so they are not flopping around and getting beat up. Simple bungie cord across the top of the 2x4 structure to hold them down.

Latest posts

Back