Transport damage to new chainsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What good are points with a company you will probably never deal with again- If i used Paypal i would just tell them that you are going to turn it over to them to settle it and I don't imagine they like that Idea IMO
Once I went out to a restaurant with some friends one night after church. Before I suited up and mounted my motorcycle to go home, a woman was walking toward me in the parking lot. She puked by the curb. By the time I arrived home 20 minutes later, I was puking. Called the restaurant the next day to complain and try for a refund. The manager offers a free meal the next visit. I told him, he didn't understand. I had no intention to return to get sick again.

The Chinease Co has already given you their answer. No need in any more email to them from you.
Most likely your only hope is to get the Plastic payment or Paypal involved to cancel the payment for a full refund.
After you get a PENDING full refund, Paypal will send you a PREPAID return authorize shipping slip to print and attach to the shipping carton when you take it too the shipper. Keep a tracking number. Sometimes you will not get a refund from Paypal until the item is shown as received by the seller.

You are SOL if you cannot get Paypal or the Credit card company handing the situation for a FULL REFUND.
That is a Anti Vibration (AV) mount that is broken probably mainly due to chinease pot metal.

I have accepted offer …

1. First offer USD 10 that I had to shop for.

2. Offer number two return the chainsaw where I pay return shipping, when they had received the chainsaw they should return the purchase price plus shipping (return shipping was not mentioned).

3. Offer number three I keep the chainsaw and get the purchase price of the chainsaw returned plus $11 via PayPal

I have accepted the last offer from FarmerTec to close the case and I wil not take the chance of sending the chainsaw back and hope to get my money back.

Ordering goods from FarmerTec was problem-free, received an email about taxes that apply in my country and air freight took 8 days but expensive.

When I saw the chainsaw was damaged, I thought it was a simple matter to clean up, but that process has been long and FarmerTec has shown little understanding as they believe it does not affect the use of the chainsaw.

I have accepted offer …

2. Offer number two return the chainsaw where I pay return shipping, when they had received the chainsaw they should return the purchase price plus shipping (return shipping was not mentioned).

3. Offer number three I keep the chainsaw and get the purchase price of the chainsaw returned plus $11 via PayPal

I have accepted the last offer from FarmerTec to close the case and I wil not take the chance of sending the chainsaw back and hope to get my money back.

Ordering goods from FarmerTec was problem-free, received an email about taxes that apply in my country and air freight took 8 days but expensive.

When I saw the chainsaw was damaged, I thought it was a simple matter to clean up, but that process has been long and FarmerTec has shown little understanding as they believe it does not affect the use of the chainsaw.
I agree with this!

I hope you got freight to you refunded as well.

Make sure you follow this up with PayPal, don't just let it rest and assume the seller will send you the refund. They might be betting on you letting it go and letting the clock run out.

This is one of the places where applying our western standards simply don't work. The Chinese have an entirely different culture, one where screwing others is expected and standard practice. If you get screwed, it's your fault for not catching it.

The Chinese see perfectly well the problem with the saw. Pretending it's fine would be part of the standard procedure of screwing you.

Think you're better than them because of this? If you'd been raised in that environment and learned all you know about business there, you'd be exactly the same.

I have accepted offer …

I had a similar situation with a Stihl 2 in 1 sharpener from a Chinese seller. It was a knockoff, not Stihl, and not the correct size anyway. After many emails, they gave me a full refund and told me to keep the device.

I hope you got freight to you refunded as well.

Make sure you follow this up with PayPal, don't just let it rest and assume the seller will send you the refund. They might be betting on you letting it go and letting the clock run out.

This is one of the places where applying our western standards simply don't work. The Chinese have an entirely different culture, one where screwing others is expected and standard practice. If you get screwed, it's your fault for not catching it.

The Chinese see perfectly well the problem with the saw. Pretending it's fine would be part of the standard procedure of screwing you.

Think you're better than them because of this? If you'd been raised in that environment and learned all you know about business there, you'd be exactly the same.
I was too quick to accept their offer of a full refund of the purchase price plus USD 11 but it doesn't even come close to covering my shipping costs. I just got really tired of sending emails trying to explain the situation.

A tip for those considering buying from China with a limited budget, rather spend the money on buying locally used or new and don't waste the money on shipping which in my case was USD 104

I was too quick to accept their offer of a full refund of the purchase price plus USD 11 but it doesn't even come close to covering my shipping costs. I just got really tired of sending emails trying to explain the situation.

A tip for those considering buying from China with a limited budget, rather spend the money on buying locally used or new and don't waste the money on shipping which in my case was USD 104
That shipping is nuts.

I have found that dealing with Farmertec / Huztl is a real problem when it comes to resolving a claim, these people are professional at forking you around ( as you have been ) until you get tired of it and give up. Only way to resolve is get Paypal involved and have their payment stopped, nothing else seems to work.

If at all there should be any next purchase from FarmerTec, action will be taken immediately against PayPal to stop the payment as you describe in the event of an error or remark on the product or shipment.

Thanks to everyone for the replies in the thread :)

Latest posts

Back