My new crummy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my crummy stuck in the snow:pumpkin2::laugh:
003.jpg

Who are you? Steve McQueen in the Great Escape, damn son, it's enclosed cab season round hya

Haha, I was using the old girl to skid our Christmas tree out of the woods, should have took the time to chain up though:laugh:

Hahaha, nice, we're headed up after our Christmas tree today too, gonna take the 660, you gotta have atleast 90cc for that, right?:D

Hmmmmm, my little 12 year old brother loves saws (and guns,and knives, and samurai swords, and Rez fireworks, and Skilsaws, and any other object that might be deemed unsafe) so I think I might've just found myself a saw donkey to pack the 66 up the hill to the Christmas tree

Got my crummy stuck in the snow:pumpkin2::laugh:
003.jpg

patty, nice truck , may you bond with it for many years. roma, love that bike havn't been on a snow ride in a while. Dalmatian90, they don't allways have to be red. i like mine to blend in a little,View attachment 209692 and before some one flames on the canopy , it shure keeps things dry and secure. View attachment 209693 . and in the summer it can come off and thow the big alum box in it.

patty, nice truck , may you bond with it for many years. roma, love that bike havn't been on a snow ride in a while. Dalmatian90, they don't allways have to be red. i like mine to blend in a little,View attachment 209692 and before some one flames on the canopy , it shure keeps things dry and secure. View attachment 209693 . and in the summer it can come off and thow the big alum box in it.

I don't see nearly enough stumps in these pictures. :D

I ain't gonna give ya no crap about your topper. . . They're a handy thing when needed.

me and alott of other's would like to stump that patch. you walk a couple hunderd yards a round it there are plenty of stumps. they saved it for a buffer for the creek and falls that are behind and to the right of me in the pic. used it for years as a hunt camp. theres some nice sticks blown down in it that need cleaned up , this is what it looks like behind me.View attachment 209700View attachment 209701

Back in Visconsin, der vas a guy who rode his little motorcycle all year, no matter vhat the veather. He put chains on it in der Vinter. Vhen it got real cold, -20s, he vould have tu park it in a heated room. Vone day ve vent to da bar after vork. It vas -20s so he left it idling outside so he could make it back home. Sometimes he had to be towed tu get it started.

I half spent OOps I'm back home, no accent, all morning looking for the Subaru title. I have failed. I did find some other stuff though. The Used Dog is soaking up the sunbeam that is coming through the windows. Smart dog.

me and alott of other's would like to stump that patch. you walk a couple hunderd yards a round it there are plenty of stumps. they saved it for a buffer for the creek and falls that are behind and to the right of me in the pic. used it for years as a hunt camp. theres some nice sticks blown down in it that need cleaned up , this is what it looks like behind me.View attachment 209700View attachment 209701

Look at all them trees that need cut'n! Get your yarder fired up, and I'll be there in 4 days. I'll bring Jake with me -- we'll make him set chokers his first 3 weeks, then maybe he can take a break chasing. :laugh:

I was eyeballing them blowdowns too, looks like some right easy get'n firewood.

Hahaha, nice, we're headed up after our Christmas tree today too, gonna take the 660, you gotta have atleast 90cc for that, right?:D

Oh my god hahaha i did that once. I brought the 066 when it ran with a 32" on it and when i pulled her out the guy asked "How Big of a tree do you guys want"? HAHAHAH i just about died

Look at all them trees that need cut'n! Get your yarder fired up, and I'll be there in 4 days. I'll bring Jake with me -- we'll make him set chokers his first 3 weeks, then maybe he can take a break chasing. :laugh:

yea i had a saw or two in the back , " always do" on some of them " if i didn't have the cap on " you could back the bed under them and just start chunkin them in . the prob is wyeco is real stingy on there permits. those behind the truck have been there for at least 3 or4 years and still solid. sad thing is they will rott in place. yes i would be ready burn stuff right there.

By God, I aint skurred, gimmie my calks, my tin hat, a couple cans of snoose, and a jug of water and get ready to see the spruce start to wilt from all the f-bombs being bounced off of em

wyeco is real stingy on there permits. those behind the truck have been there for at least 3 or4 years and still solid. sad thing is they will rott in place.

Fools. Stupid REIT. They don't realize that it's firewood gatherers and hunters and fishermen who keep their roads clear during the off seasons and between sales. No permits means it'll cost them money to clean up the mess later, when they could make a tidy profit selling access permits. They're just afraid to get burned by hazmat dumping (mostly car batteries and refrigerators) which is why they put the gates up in the first place. What they fail to realize is that the average dumper is in a hurry and will dump as close to pavement as possible. The way-in-there places are safe just due to their remoteness.

Dalmatian90, they don't allways have to be red. i like mine to blend in a little,
209692-picture-471-jpg

Drive through a State Park or Forest here in that truck, folks will get up from their picnic table and walk over to pay for their campsite :)

Can be good for beer money as long as they don't write down your license plate.

The landowner's perspective

Fools. Stupid REIT. They don't realize that it's firewood gatherers and hunters and fishermen who keep their roads clear during the off seasons and between sales. No permits means it'll cost them money to clean up the mess later, when they could make a tidy profit selling access permits. They're just afraid to get burned by hazmat dumping (mostly car batteries and refrigerators) which is why they put the gates up in the first place. What they fail to realize is that the average dumper is in a hurry and will dump as close to pavement as possible. The way-in-there places are safe just due to their remoteness.

Sometimes it's easier and cheaper in the long run to limit access. The money that we'd make off of use permits and firewood permits wouldn't come close to paying to defend ourselves in a lawsuit after some week-end warrior cut himself or wrecked his pickup. In all practicality we can't limit total access to our ground...there's just too much of it and it would take a small army to patrol it and enforce the no trespassing signs we plaster everywhere. But we do what we can to discourage people....hunters, dirt bikers, wood cutters, whatever. I wish we didn't have to be as strict as we are and I understand why people want to go to the woods and play. Until things change we'll just encourage them to go play on government ground. Sorry about that. :msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back