My new crummy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better do a little research before dumping a lot of money in that little project. It's doable, but if you have to pass an emmissions test where you are, they may not pass the vehicle.
I've got a friend that put a 12 valve Cummins in an 02 Ford f-250. He moved to Denver, and couldn't get it titled in Colorado. Something about they couldn't title it because the engine wasn't the same year model or newer than the truck.
In some places the law say's that you can't use an ag, or construction engine in an on hiway vehicle. :msp_mad:

Andy

We don't have to in WA... yet.

In the past, Snohomish/King/Pierce/Thurston/Spokane Counties required an emissions test. Currently the only emissions testing in WA that I know of is done in Pierce, King and Kitsap Counties, to allow access to DOD sites that require it due to Federal air-quality laws. It's $15 a pop. Three guesses how I know that.

In the past, Snohomish/King/Pierce/Thurston/Spokane Counties required an emissions test. Currently the only emissions testing in WA that I know of is done in Pierce, King and Kitsap Counties, to allow access to DOD sites that require it due to Federal air-quality laws. It's $15 a pop. Three guesses how I know that.

Right around 83 and 84 Toyota imported some diesels with their 2lt engine. I drove one once (4x4) it was fine for a local driver but I couldn't see running it 200 miles a day at 75 mph, which I need to be able to do.

I'm one of those (dorks-- not such a bad word) that wish we could get a toyota hilux diesel, too.

I've seen some 2x4 pups, only ever 1 4x4 pup diesel, and its was in L.A. (lower Alabama).

Sweet new crummy Samlock

Last edited:

You....read it on the internet???? :laugh:

I hope they never start testing here, I'd have to get all new stuff. Right now we don't even have to get a safety inspection. :msp_thumbup:

Andy

Yeah, I think the only place in New Mexico that has emission test's is Albuquerque. But as my friend learned the hard way, if you do a project like this and have to relocate...be prepaired to leave it behind, or sell it cheap.

Andy

And that would screw the pooch bad. It is possible to get them compliant. Hold onto your stock injectors and such and put it back on before every emissions test. PITA I know lol

Hi - Lux mmm :msp_w00t: Would be awesome for a forester... good mileage, lower end grunt for chuggin up the hills. I like the yotas for getting down narrow grown over spurs. If you've got to cary a fire tank it's a whole new ball game lol

You....read it on the internet???? :laugh:

Exactly. I good at Googles.

If you've got to cary a fire tank it's a whole new ball game lol

110% true. My truck at work is a F-350 diesel with the single rear and the 8-ft flatbed. It's nimble but heavy. The other trucks we have all sport duallys and 10- or 12-foot beds. They are a LOT more unwieldy. However, my bed is only JUST big enough for a 250-gal slip. Not a lot of storage space. The bigger beds let you sprawl out some, but they get beat up some. Of course, so does my truck... always at stump height, always on the passenger's side. Right where I can't see the bastids. I'm half tempted to buy nerf bars with my own money so if I break something I have only myself to answer to.

EDIT: also, it's easier to get stuck in mud with duallys. Less PSI in that contact patch. Singles keep the tire on the ground better, in my experience.

Exactly. I good at Googles.

110% true. My truck at work is a F-350 diesel with the single rear and the 8-ft flatbed. It's nimble but heavy. The other trucks we have all sport duallys and 10- or 12-foot beds. They are a LOT more unwieldy. However, my bed is only JUST big enough for a 250-gal slip. Not a lot of storage space. The bigger beds let you sprawl out some, but they get beat up some. Of course, so does my truck... always at stump height, always on the passenger's side. Right where I can't see the bastids. I'm half tempted to buy nerf bars with my own money so if I break something I have only myself to answer to.

EDIT: also, it's easier to get stuck in mud with duallys. Less PSI in that contact patch. Singles keep the tire on the ground better, in my experience.

Haven't had the pleasure of drivin any dually's yet. and have managed not to get stuck in a company rig... I reserve that for my personal pleasure. I'm sure it will happen one day. I do have my Class A so I'm sure eventually I'll be called upon to drive a tender one of these days. Last outfit I worked for had a slip tank in a 250 and one in a flatbed 450 dually if I remember correctly, might of been a 350. Seen you're vid about you lewis winch. You def carry around more crap than most foresters lol

Sharp looking truck Sam. If I'd stuck around here yesterday. I'd offer up an AOL sticker for you. Hell I can still do it if its not too late. Might as well plaster it with stickers right? Again, nice nab on the truck.

I think they did make Dodge D-50 clicker but they were turds, no booster. I'd like to put a small DI motor with a stuffer in my 97' Z-71 GMC half T 4x4. But, instead to stay "street legal" Oh, yea I'll just go resurrect a 78 Suburban X military truck with a clickitty clackity cluncker smoker motor, that makes sense, sure, right? and will pass NJ inspection.

The 5% rule is just ####in stupid!!!STUPID STUPID!!! Yea I want to build a 40 mpg pollution pig?? Really that makes a lot of sense when you think about it in reality, right? I'd run grease if I had a stuffed clicker motor in there.

We may never get the good stuff on this side of the pond because some pencil pushing fool thinks he knows what's good for us. If we build it we will just be penalized for thinking like an original, really? The fact is we are just try to keep up with having the "good stuff" like the rest of the world has at there finger tips. Overbearing bureaucratic BS and MORE BS...

Sharp looking truck Sam. If I'd stuck around here yesterday. I'd offer up an AOL sticker for you. Hell I can still do it if its not too late. Might as well plaster it with stickers right? Again, nice nab on the truck.

Oregon Loggers' sticker holding my crummy together would be a true honor.

Nice new ride Sam!

And mustache :cheers: (I finally get your mustache comment from a ways back).

On diesels, I happen to know a fella from here that took a small diesel from a reef'r and put it in his Jeep. Sure, it took some fab -- but I guess his mileage is phenomenal.

Oh, and just the word Lutefisk gives me a vomit flavor in the back of my mouth. . . Pickled herring on the other hand. . . We can hang.

I can eat a load of that.

Refilled the truck after first week ride. Mileage was 10 liters per 100Km / 23,5 MPG. That's quite good, considering kinda rough tires and cold weather. I guessed the fuel tank a bit larger than it is, just 60 liters.

Nice rig Sam. I'm on the hunt for a Nissan hardbody at the moment myself. Toyota tough without the toyota price premium.

nissans are a good truck. just don't get ham fisted with your shifting and change the trans oil every couple years with quality stuff.

I hear you, Pac. I had a mate with me when taking a test tour and stuck my ear on the gear shift while driving. It probably looked mighty suspicious on the outside, but I picked no extra sounds. Poured fresh oils and fluids in on Saturday. I have bitter experiences with the 4X4 locks in the past, that's why I'm glad that one has manual locks. Those manual locks, along with the fact the engine has no hair dryer on the side, certainly takes patience. Well, right now I value reliability over speed. Call me grandaddy from now on.

Sam, a guy here asked 4200€ (5500$) for a -92 Toyo, which wasn't moving on it's own.

Samlock's crummy stickers....

Stickers from Slowp and Haywire arrive in today's Pony Express. I'll start packaging everything up, the stuff from them and the stuff from me, tonight and probably mail it after Christmas or whenever I get brave enough to go to town.

I'll throw in a "Bury Powelines, Not Pilots" sticker just for a break in the theme.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Latest posts

Back