My new Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid 390 for mine 18mo ago. I just talke dto the dealer a week ago. He said the price has come down, he could sell them for 350.
Scott

HE HE I picked mine up as a demo $275, was so low that I bought a PS-7900 also. Finally had the opportunity to try them out, WOW ! I was running thru some 30"dia cottonwood that was dropped in June, the 7900 has scary amounts of power. But the 5100 will get most of the run time, for its size it is the smoothest and most power full that I have run.

HE HE I picked mine up as a demo $275, was so low that I bought a PS-7900 also. Finally had the opportunity to try them out, WOW ! I was running thru some 30"dia cottonwood that was dropped in June, the 7900 has scary amounts of power. But the 5100 will get most of the run time, for its size it is the smoothest and most power full that I have run.

MSRP on the 5100 w/ 18" b/c is $409
I picked up my 5100 about a year ago for just under $350, but it was just the powerhead. Love that little saw. Has a lot more grunt that all of 50cc class saws I have used.

I bought a 7900 that was a demo at a couple outdoor shows and haven't looked back. I used to love my 372's, but this 7900 is something else.

I need to sell off some of my others, because there isn't much that the 5100 and 7900 can't take care of.

Whatever gas you have had good luck with go ahead and use. We use 91 it generally has the least amount of additives around here. It does vary so much from brand to brand city to city. No probs with any octane level in the 91 - 94 range usually the higher the octane the longer the storage life as well. Just keep it in a sealed container and out of the sun.

Glad to hear you like the new Dolmar

Scott

Scott,
I'm looking for a storage case for my new PS-5100 and the dealer where my wife bought the saw doesn't have any and said he would have to buy 6 from his distributer. Do you have any?

Wayne

Scott,
I'm looking for a storage case for my new PS-5100 and the dealer where my wife bought the saw doesn't have any and said he would have to buy 6 from his distributer. Do you have any?

Wayne

Yes we have cases in stock.

Scott

actually neither

Jim, was that at Hume or Devon Lane?

I found a closer dealer on the Dolmar site, Green Mountain Power Equip. in Northampton. Very small place, carries lots of equipment, not sure how much they know about saws, but 10 min from me not 1 hour. Haven't decided yet where to buy, but I've never had a warranty problem with a saw in 30 years so might take a chance on an unknown very-local shop. I'll call your two recommended shops too, just haven't had time with the holidays. Thanks, Jim

I just called Baileys to see if they would sell the 5100 without a .325 bar and they only sell the 18 inch .325 package. I am going to pick up a 5100 sometime soon, but won't run .325 and don't want to buy a bar I will never use. (Last count I already had 18 bars.)

Anyone having luck buying a 5100, powerhead only these days? Or maybe 3/8 bar instead?

Last edited:
My local dealer told me they didn't offer the 5100 as power head only but i did just order one from them outfitted with 18" 3/8 .050. I can't wait to get it!

Back