My "new" log skidder tracked vehicle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapeer20m

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here is a photo and a couple quick video's of my new crazy tracked ATV. I call it "the honey badger" It's basically a mini snowcat that can be used year round. It has an unloaded ground pressure of about 0.5 psi. The tracks are 18 inches wide and each one has about 66 inches on the ground. It's powered by an 18hp onan boxer engine with full pressure lubrication. It has the same transmission as an argo, very similiar to my jd gator transmission except it has hi/low range. It is rated to pull a 1K pound trailer. It runs over trees, logs, bogs, swamps, mud, snow, hills, sand, etc. Recent rains have made the trails so muddy that my 2wd gator gets stuck even when it's empty. The honey badger will drive through the same trails while skidding a log with no issues.

photo%28147%29.JPG

download.jpg

Here are a couple youtube video's of it in action.

Here is a photo and a couple quick video's of my new crazy tracked ATV. I call it "the honey badger" It's basically a mini snowcat that can be used year round. It has an unloaded ground pressure of about 0.5 psi. The tracks are 18 inches wide and each one has about 66 inches on the ground. It's powered by an 18hp onan boxer engine with full pressure lubrication. It has the same transmission as an argo, very similiar to my jd gator transmission except it has hi/low range. It is rated to pull a 1K pound trailer. It runs over trees, logs, bogs, swamps, mud, snow, hills, sand, etc. Recent rains have made the trails so muddy that my 2wd gator gets stuck even when it's empty. The honey badger will drive through the same trails while skidding a log with no issues.

photo%28147%29.JPG

download.jpg

Here are a couple youtube video's of it in action.

That machine is exactly what I need. I've got a woods right across the street from my house that was logged out last summer but I can't get down the skidder trails with my 4 wheeler or tractor. Awesome and usable machine.

It's a passe par tout ppt for short, which is reportedly translated "go anywhere" Originally made by French Canadians this particular unit was made in elk rapids Michigan a few hours from me.

I live in a swampy area and this vehicle is exactly what I needed. I was actually looking for an Argo 8x8. The ppt is much heavier duty but is not amphibious.

Man that is so sweet woudl love to have something like that. We have incredible mud in the spring here. That unit would be perfect and save lots of winch time.

That warehouse looks familiar... Repocast?

I have a 6 wheeled Argo for sale if anybody is interested...

Back