My New Old Homelite C5

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homelite C-5

I have a C-5 as well. I traded my cousin for it. They are nice sounding saws that makes the ears ring after you are done with them. I am working on my new paint and a few new parts. I think it needs a set of rings only 105 lbs of comp. They are well built saws just a little heavy, but fun to use.

Rings

Yeh mine arent real thick. But these are good ole saws. Just need to do right thumbs exercises to get it in shape for that manual oiler.

C-5

I have ordered a set of rings. Gonna put them in. Mine has a 16" roller nose bar and needs new chain. Hope the rings fix the bogging problem. I know its not the clutch bcause its not racing the motor just wanting to cut out like it has no power.

They're kind of tubby but, pull well with their bulk. It only gets better with others in their vintage. 72's, 91's, etc.............

C-5

I don't want to sound like a moron. I have only recently gotten into chiansaws (mainly becaue of more money), but still learning about them. But what is a woods port?

Woods porting is the basic dressing down of the intake, exhaust, and transfer ports in modern piston ported saw motors to get a little more oomph. In the reed valve saws a guy can dress down the exhaust and transfers and modify the reed cage/intake or fit a bigger reed valve and reeds. There's a lot of info in the archives.

Thank you. I did not know. How much would you want to to do to the exhause and transfer ports to get a little more oomph out of them. i wanna go mild.

Back