My new Redmax GZ400 (Ryobi10532).

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
YouTube Video:

----------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSTBubXJtSU

----------------------------------------

Just picked it up yesterday. Got a HELL of a deal. Found it at a garage sale brand new in the box for $45!!!!:jawdrop:

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

Last edited:
Your video link isn't working.

Try this Brad. ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSTBubXJtSU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSTBubXJtSU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You will really like the little guy after you do the muffler mods.As to the bar,I recently ran across some 14" and 16" Oregon bars on the clearance row at Walmart.They were "Made in USA" ,closed out for $14 and $16 each.I think Bailey's has run out of the 12" bar and chain combos for $7.95 (BCC 12 EP50).
Go to Edge and Engine for the carb tool and a spare sparkplug.The plug is an odd size and not very easy to find.They have the NGK CMR7H in stock.

You will really like the little guy after you do the muffler mods.As to the bar,I recently ran across some 14" and 16" Oregon bars on the clearance row at Walmart.They were "Made in USA" ,closed out for $14 and $16 each.I think Bailey's has run out of the 12" bar and chain combos for $7.95 (BCC 12 EP50).
Go to Edge and Engine for the carb tool and a spare sparkplug.The plug is an odd size and not very easy to find.They have the NGK CMR7H in stock.

Wow! That's some damn good information right there!! :)

Thanks a lot. Ill definitely rep ya for that!!

:greenchainsaw: :bowdown: :cheers:

I found an 16" Oregon bar for 6$ at W-mart clearance rack. Get em while thy are hot!

I'm gonna add to this thread with an update and say that this little saw screams. I've run 4 tanks through it - it's not even broken in yet and I'm very impressed. It has a ton of torque for a 40cc saw. I'm currently running the stock 18" bar and (safety) chain. Wait til I get a 16" bar with a non safety full chisel chain. It'll haul ass and it already does now!!!

Redmax certainly got it together when they made this little saw that's for sure. :chainsaw:

:clap::greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
I bought one just to have a saw to lend out so I could save my more expensive equipment from the typical saw borrowing friend. I really got attached and hated to lend it out. The 1st time I lent it to a friend it was wearing a 16 in Carlton Pro bar with VX 91 real chain, I sent two new chains with it along with a gallon of my fresh premix and bar oil as to eliminate issues. Came back with the 1 chain rocked beyond repair and a new chain on the bar backwards. The brake band was melted into the plastic and the gray plastic turned brown. I was horrified at the abuse my little sleeper saw was put through. I found out he used it to cut shrubs out of the ground. After some TLC it has been revived again long live the 10532.

my Bro (AS member Banacanin) just bought one off of Fee Bay and had it shipped to my house for mods. I love it. If you can get over it being "overly plastic" you can see that it is truely pro construction.

my Bro (AS member Banacanin)If you can get over it being "overly plastic" you can see that it is truely pro construction.

Couldn't agree more. My older brother whom has little knowledge of saws and not a whole lot of experience running them was pretty impressed after running it. He said it looks cheap and plasticy but once you run it your whole perspective changes. He wants one now, lol.

Sure they did!

I'm gonna add to this thread with an update and say that this little saw screams. I've run 4 tanks through it - it's not even broken in yet and I'm very impressed. It has a ton of torque for a 40cc saw. I'm currently running the stock 18" bar and (safety) chain. Wait til I get a 16" bar with a non safety full chisel chain. It'll haul ass and it already does now!!!

Redmax certainly got it together when they made this little saw that's for sure. :chainsaw:

:clap::greenchainsaw:

That would be Redmax / a division of the Husqvarna Group.

Al :cheers:

Couldn't agree more. My older brother whom has little knowledge of saws and not a whole lot of experience running them was pretty impressed after running it. He said it looks cheap and plasticy but once you run it your whole perspective changes. He wants one now, lol.

So do I. It's a fun little saw:cheers:

Latest posts

Back