My new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjcole50

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
First of all big shout out to terry landrum. Took the time and effort listen to mmy back and forth rambling. Also answered all questions very quick. He gave one helluva price compared to local dealer and modded the muffler which is a much cleaner job than I would pull off. Also to all the endless reading I have done on here pushed me toward 70cc as opposed to a 60cc.
Sorry about the cluttered work bench haha sure I'm not alone.
c5c78884c43d255b0b0f57c64c0ff92a.jpg

b49debdac6eccb14b21b16063061ee1c.jpg

Did some test cuts on a downed oak outback. First off saw is smooth. I thought my 550 was smooth.
the saw did not flinch at all with the 20" on it. It feels more like a lower Rev than I'm used to with my 550.. different saws tho for sure. Husqvarna specs say it's rpm are the same tho? Definitely has the grunt to pull the longer bar when I need one. The balance with the 20" was perfect. Saw feels very good in the hands. It also felt lighter/better than the 441cm I was finger fn at the dealer. Although I ran it for a short time. I can see myself useing this on a full day of cutting. Will get a full workout this sunday!

930ecc1cd5a02a0de34b41ec887d343d.jpg

Debating between 24 or 28... leaning toward 28 as my 550xp now wears 16" sugi and this will 90% of time run 20"
550 xp here now big ol dent in it
a5a5c3e74a289b9791d6a917552d43d3.jpg

I think so. I handled it quite a bit in the dealer but. I am really suprised still st how good this saw feels in the hands. I read as much as possible and I couldn't find any negatives about it. It also seemed like a saw people would shy away from because of numbers on paper or the anticipated 572xp. But it does not feel heavier than the 441cm. It actually feels lighter and the over all balance feels better as well. Going to be awhile before I get a longer bar. My tool fund is about tapped out already this year.

I still want a 562...... that won't happen for a couple more years. I have to add either another stove to the basement or an add on furnace before any new saw purchases

Thanks for the pics of the muffler.

You cant go wrong with a Sugi, IMO. I've got an 18 on the 555, and a 28 and 24 for my new 576, they is awesome.

Great saw! It will easily pull a 28-32" bar and chain. Total and Sugi are both great. Too bad it's not a Stihl, their E/ES bars are great value for the price. That said, I own some Stihl, Sugi and Total bars. I'm happy with all of them. I got into the light weight bars for a while, but, I'm going back to the standard bars. The cost/weight ratio just seems prohibitively high.
20150216_194949_zps9xsdlmny.jpg

Great saw! It will easily pull a 28-32" bar and chain. Total and Sugi are both great. Too bad it's not a Stihl, their E/ES bars are great value for the price. That said, I own some Stihl, Sugi and Total bars. I'm happy with all of them. I got into the light weight bars for a while, but, I'm going back to the standard bars. The cost/weight ratio just seems prohibitively high.
20150216_194949_zps9xsdlmny.jpg

Them some clean saws

Terry is great to deal with. I also really like the 576at. They feel and balance much better than a 441c. They are tough to beat and I still don't understand why they are so underated.

I still want a 562...... that won't happen for a couple more years. I have to add either another stove to the basement or an add on furnace before any new saw purchases
The 2 saws you have make a good pair. I'm hoping to get my 576xp put back together tonight.

Latest posts

Back