My new sawmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The log moves up and down on 1 inch ACME threaded rod while 1" tubes slide in and out. This part works great, I was afraid it will need too much force to move, but it lifts with ease and there is no need for locking down.

I was forced to rebuild the log lift. What happened is a big log actually bent the guide tubing on one side and the log rest was not parallel anymore. I was ready for it, planned the improvement for a while, and now I was forced to finally implement it.

I went with two lifting 1" acme bolts, two ACME nuts and two sprockets paired by 40 roller chain. See pictures. I also had to make hand wheels few inches smaller diameter but all in all the whole upgrade was just matter of cutting and welding.

Attachments

• DSCN3220.JPG
    DSCN3220.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 31
  • KIMG4011.jpg
    KIMG4011.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 31
  • KIMG4012.jpg
    KIMG4012.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 30
I used cheap bar Laser. What a stupid idea, the sprocket just broke in half and I lost a ripping chain too. :(

Time to update. I added 10x20 roof to my shop and moved the mill there. Finally out of the rain. Last Saturday I added a ramp to hold logs.

Attachments

• KIMG4199.jpg
    KIMG4199.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
  • KIMG4200.jpg
    KIMG4200.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • KIMG4259.jpg
    KIMG4259.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
Back