My New Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome my friend. Does it have the ability to add different wedges? I love it.

You build that, It looks good.

Thanks, yes I built it.

It will have a four way height adjustable wedge on the rear post. Just haven't built it yet. I might try a 6 or 8 way eventually.

Sweet bro!!!! Like the handle to pull around too.
As much as this thing weighs I wanted an easy way to hitch it to my UTV. I copied a telescoping quick hitch off a round bale feeder.

This way you get close, grab the handle which releases the telescoping coupler. Drop it on the hitch and back up to engage it again. I also made the wheels height adjustableimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

A few more build pics... No fancy fabricating ;) I bought myself a stick welder last year, taught myself to weld, a couple angle grinders and a BFH... This was the result.

I used 6x8x1/2" channel for the main beam. It has 1" plate on top for the pusher to ride on.

36" stroke. 5" cylinder. 16 hp liquid cooled kawasaki engine. 28gpm pump. And a pilot check plumbed as a dump valve.

b6382af92eeed4ea02aedeb4a842aaec.jpg

Damn nice ya ol' Goat...fine build. Great idea on the pivoting dual wheel end. Lots of 'parking it just right' if in a shop/confined space headaches removed with that philosophy. Again, nice, looks great.

I only see 3 cylinders but 4 valves. What are you using the 4th valve for, hot corffee? Nice build and good touch on the draw bar. Have you tried any really heavy rounds on that lift? The wheel base looks a little narrow compared to the overhang of your lift. Might want to do a little tests with it to make sure she's stable.

Back