My next MS170 projec - advice needed for roping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys if you have dificulties how to cut a big tree with a ms 170
if you afraid how to fall a tree that is near to your house
if you dont know what rope you use
if you dont know why yours ms 170 dont start

Then the solution is here
'' MyStihlwontStart " tree service
Good job, good prices, experience, honestly
MyStihlwontStart a university graduated , authorized faller

just give him a call , your problems will solved

A few days ago I posted a video of my first tree fall with my new MS170. Now I am going to take on my 2nd tree.

Tree slayer suggested I rope this tree. I roped it by tieing a brick and throwing it over the lower Y. I tried for the higher Y, but it is too high to throw to. I will finish the roping after I get some feedback. I will cutting it next weekend and yes, I will post another video.

Question:

1. Did I rope it high enough to get it to fall opposite the lean? I will be pulling with my ram 1500.

2. Should I pretension the rope and then have someone hit the gas as it's falling? How does truck roping typically work?

3. What working load rope should I use?

4. What kind of cut should I do? I was thinking a billy big mouth face cut, but I'm very new at this. Suggestions please, it is next to my home and I need it gone.

Photos included
Go away.

Guys if you have dificulties how to cut a big tree with a ms 170
if you afraid how to fall a tree that is near to your house
if you dont know what rope you use
if you dont know why yours ms 170 dont start

Then the solution is here
'' MyStihlwontStart " tree service
Good job, good prices, experience, honestly
MyStihlwontStart a university graduated , authorized faller

just give him a call , your problems will solved
Also a veteran, a seal I think, or was it special forces? A Ninja? Ok a boy scout?
I still think he is the numa numa guy.

Also a veteran, a seal I think, or was it special forces? A Ninja? Ok a boy scout?
Now i am thinking much more he must be the person who arrest the Santam . in the video game of course:laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE"Rockjock, post: 5279318, member: 89233"]Also a veteran, a seal I think, or was it special forces? A Ninja? Ok a boy scout?
SF then CIA then FBI now cant start his saw![/QUOTE]
Hello friend, another new comedy episode today

Back