My partner only uses P62s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike385

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
what kind of mods can be made to them? They are a low rpm saw with a reed valve. So what can you do to these torque monsters?
mike

Come on I know these are old, but there has to be something. This guy has like 12 of these things and alot of junk saws for parts. He also bought out an old dealer.

Try giving more then an hour for people to reply...Give it a day or 2 and you'll have the answers you want from the people that know about that saw...

They aren't really a slow saw. Some newer designs rev higher but only a little percentage wise. The P62- Big , Loud, mediocre Antivibration, Heavy. They are decent saws but I'm guessing that a smarter class of friend wouldn't degrade the quality of your life.:laugh:

this is the only saw he has used since about '86 and has bought every new one that he has come across. Those can take a beating, antivibe rubber blocks that can take a beating and if you rip one, about 3.50 and you have a new one.

Back