my piles are going fast!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I will be delivering a load tomorrow.
I have another scheduled for Wednesday.
A fella up the hill from me wants wood.
There was a positive sounding phone call the other day...

That could amount to 6 cords right there! Not 1 cent of advertising.
It will all be gone, and then the phone will ring! :help:

-Pat

Yep, the unexpected walkins wanting wood. Why do they wait until the heating season is here before coming?

I don't even want to sell any but do have one huge stock of willow from a salvage operation.

Already delivered 2 cord.

Guy wants 6 cord - told I won't sell unless he can find me a new place to harvest in. He did. Only about 4 miles from the house, very overgrown in desparate need of thinning - around 20 acres of willow again. Dunno if he will take 6. He started with 1 cord as I told him I didnt' think my willow will do very well in an open fireplace.

Another guy hit me up last week for 3 cord. Hard to turn him down as he gave me the cutting rights to a big grove of BLACK LOCUST! that was blown down in an windstorm back in 93. I split that 50/50 with him (I did all the cutting).

Hoping that both of them find other sources.

Harry K

I paid for an ad in the local classifieds and got the bone. The ad I typed online said "1/3 cord $55, 2/3 cord $90. What went in the paper was "1/3 cord $90" naturally I got no phone calls. AND... I don't subscribe to that rag, so I didn't see it till 5 days into a 1 week ad. I doubt they will be very sympathetic seeing as I didn't check behind them to make sure they did their job right.

Ian

Going, going, going. Is a pink bunny wabbit?

I just got email, Ann wants two cords as well. Okay, lessee here:
2 over there, 1 1/2 up there, 1 1/2 down there, and the other sale of maybe 3.
I don't know if I have 9 left that is dry!!! :help:

If I only had the time to go and cut a few more loads. :hmm3grin2orange:

-Pat

Don't forget to save yourself some! As for running out, I take what ever the local tree services deliver to me, which I buck into rounds to split. I split till I'm done, whenever that is:biggrinbounce2: I find the monotonous work theraputic.

I've got a pretty good pile out back to split for next year, but am waiting for the first freeze so I can do it without having to spray myself down with chemicals to keep the mosquitoes from taking a blood donation. --Ian

attachment.php

gone

All my wood is gone and already taking orders for next year. All 35 cords are gone. Last of it went out this weekend took about 4 weeks to sell it all with people still calling even tho i changed the website to say we are all out. People are putting in orders for next year and iam getting a bigger splitter to keep up. All is well here.

I've got a pretty good pile out back to split for next year, but am waiting for the first freeze so I can do it without having to spray myself down with chemicals to keep the mosquitoes from taking a blood donation. --Ian

attachment.php

That is nice. I finished mine up last week and already am antsy about not having anything to do. Already cut/ground off the mushrooms on my wedges. Still need to bench the saws for a good cleanup - chains (2 each for both saws) already sharped.

Oh horrors! I might even have to resort to that d#*@&ed treadmill to get some excercise or at least go for strolls through the country.

Harry K

What type of splitters are you guys using...i see so many out there...i live in a apartment and wont be getting one any time soon.

Just wondering what company, engine, power, would you guys recmond...i think i will do a search too, prolly should have done that before writting this but will use both

I've got a Iron and Oak 30 ton horizontal with a 9HP Honda. Runs great and starts on one pull cold. Solidly built, and a little over 2K delivered. I would recommend it for splitting of all size rounds.

I have a Northern - 15 years old, simple horizonal type, 5.5 Honda - runs and splits great

North West Tools (I think) have them for almost $2039 delivered. I paid the extra $75 for the lift gate service. Not worth dropping your brand new 650 lb. toy off the truck.

Latest posts

Back