my piles are going fast!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright...i will definetly take a look at that...

I like your bottom quote there...good tools are not cheep...but in the long run, worth it..

Keep up the saw'n, splitting, stacking!

Heh! With around 20 cord in the stacks after stocking the shed and porch for the winter.... Actually, I have the itch to break into my new source and at least clean up some of the down stuff. Was a great day here, in the 70s, just right to sniff some exhaust.

Aside. Am I the only one that gets an itching a&& every time I read the title to this thread?

Harry K

Last edited:
I promise my wife I'lll just run the saw for one tankful. That way I can get other work done around the house. Clean up all the sawing and splitting mess and put it in the mulch pile. As it gets cooler here now in NY, I'll get the yard in order, as well as reconstruct my wood piles into neat piles with criss cross ends:).

Alright...i will definetly take a look at that...

I like your bottom quote there...good tools are not cheep...but in the long run, worth it..

Do you have a Lowes locally? I purchased a 27 Ton Troy Built (MTD) with a 5.5 Honda 2 years ago. It is horizontal and vertical. There has been nothing it couldn't split and I have put some huge logs thru it. I barely paid a $1000 with the rebates and offers they gave me. I am very happy with it and glad I didn't spend twice the amount I was going to.

Really...ya i have one just down the street...Home D. for that matter too....i have looked at the splitters there but never really heard anything good or bad about them...

Well one homeowner who liked it...but he was 92...and used it for splitting 2 logs.

Good to here that is a good machine, i will look at them more seriously.

It is built well and has a Honda on it. My next door neighbor has the exact splitter now for 5 years. He uses his year round as his son has a tree business so he gets all the wood he needs to sell at his leasure. I take care of everything I own so there is no reason I will not have it 15 years from now or longer.

The Iron and Oak is a commercial grade machine with a 9H.P. Honda GX commercial engine. I have not seen a Lowes splitter, but the Cub Cadets at Home Depot look OK for small stuff. I don't know what size rounds or logs my tree service will dump off to me, so I went with the larger everything splitter. Buy the best you can afford, so like hammer0419 said, you'll have it a long time from now-still serving its purpose.

Ya i have to 100% agree....tools will be with you for a long long time.

That is the biggest reason i havent bought one...i give away a lot of logs, but i just dont have the money to get a nice one.

I think the Timber wolf TW-5 is the nicest...but way, to much money...for me...if i was a firewood company then i would get one.

Canyon Look for a used super splitter hard to fi but can be had for under 2k if you find one. The Timberwolfe and Iron Oak are very nice but not near the speed of the super splitter.

Scott

Latest posts

Back