my son wants a chainsaw for Christmas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you need to drill a hole in the bottom and put a oily sponge in it, so it'll leak oil everywhere you set it :D

Good job on the janesaw!

That's funny right there!

I've got an 025 that leaks a little. I took a picture of it and posted it on the wall. The picture leaked a cup of bar oil overnight.

Great job on the custom saw. Did you port it while it was apart?

I think you should paint it lime green and purple. Then he will have his 1st Wild Thing! :hmm3grin2orange:

Good job by the way. Rep sent.

... ...did I mention my son's 2 yrs old?

he'll love it! ...JANE-SAWZ!!!

... ...our upholstered furniture won't be the same after this Christmas :help:

Rep sent! In the future it will mean so much more to him than a store bought toy, built out of love and pride rather than plastic, great job,

Well-done, sir :msp_thumbsup:!

At some point he's going to see one of the plastic ones with the rotating bead chain and want one. Heck, I want one :msp_ohmy: :msp_tongue:.

Well-done, sir :msp_thumbsup:!

At some point he's going to see one of the plastic ones with the rotating bead chain and want one. Heck, I want one :msp_ohmy: :msp_tongue:.

Have you seen how much teh Stihl ones go for WOW they are not cheap:msp_ohmy:

That's cool, he can even take the bar nuts off and clean the clutch cover and flip the bar when it needs it! Its an inboard clutch obviously -- much easier to work with. :msp_thumbsup:

Has OSHA and the EPA checked it out? It looks like you may have used pressurized lumber.

... Did you port it while it was apart?

not for his first saw...gotta port mine first so he doesn't show the old man up :msp_tongue:

... At some point he's going to see one of the plastic ones with the rotating bead chain and want one. Heck, I want one :msp_ohmy: :msp_tongue:.

Have you seen how much teh Stihl ones go for WOW they are not cheap:msp_ohmy:

yeah...maybe next year...

... You have room to throw on a recoil too if you have one laying around.

didn't have one, and ran out of time this morning to fab something up...trees don't decorate themselves

Has OSHA and the EPA checked it out? It looks like you may have used pressurized lumber.

looks like it, but that 4-by-4's just been sitting in the garage for a while

-----

here are the pics of the finished product

2011-12-17_12-18-44_502.jpg

was able to fab fuel & oil caps out of PVC, and sunk a shiny screw in near the rear handle for an I/O switch

2011-12-17_12-18-24_370.jpg

took her out and made a few cuts...

2011-12-17_12-19-52_368.jpg

I'm happy with it. Had to stop myself from fancying it up too much...his imagination will supply much more than my fancying could have!

We'll see how things go a week from now. ::thumbsup::

Last edited:
Success!!

thanks for the kind words and heckling...the JANE-SAW was a hit

the little lumberjack is ready for firewood cutting I think

DSC05982.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS ya'll!!

Awesome. Keep us posted on the funny things he 'cuts' with it.

Thomas and chainsaws... my kid loved the same things. Luckily he still likes the chainsaws. :msp_smile:

Merry Christmas.

Awesome. Keep us posted on the funny things he 'cuts' with it.

other than feet, arms, and furniture, his favorite is to "cut da' wooood" with his blocks

whether it's felling...

2012-01-07_17-47-31_737.jpg

or limbing and bucking...

2012-01-07_17-51-19_492.jpg

it always ends in total destruction!

2012-01-07_17-47-36_655.jpg

tonight he informed me that he had to "work on'd it"...

2012-01-07_17-54-46_554.jpg

...and asked for the "scwew-dwiver"

2012-01-07_17-54-57_618.jpg

should probably work on his technique...likes to use the bar tip a lot :msp_smile:

it's amazing what he's picked up at this age...reminds me to be a better person!

Last edited:
Back