My stove...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen M

Reaction score
I have a wood burning stove it was already in the house when I moved in ... On the front it says the performer but its old and that's all the readable it has a "French Door" and two knobs one I know works the blower the other one I have no idea what its for but if you turn it the blower will turn off on one depending I was just wondering if anyone can tell what kind it is

no that would not be what she has. in her description " French Doors" It could still be a Vogelzang model of some sort. I have seen plenty of double front door stoves from eras gone by, still in use, but never paid attention to the particular mfgs of which there were several as the style was popular for parlor stoves as they could be used with doors open and a screen placed across the opening giving the effect of a fireplace vs a stove.

I have a wood burning stove it was already in the house when I moved in ... On the front it says the performer but its old and that's all the readable it has a "French Door" and two knobs one I know works the blower the other one I have no idea what its for but if you turn it the blower will turn off on one depending I was just wondering if anyone can tell what kind it is
Pictures would help.

no that would not be what she has. in her description " French Doors" It could still be a Vogelzang model of some sort. I have seen plenty of double front door stoves from eras gone by, still in use, but never paid attention to the particular mfgs of which there were several as the style was popular for parlor stoves as they could be used with doors open and a screen placed across the opening giving the effect of a fireplace vs a stove.
My Dad has one exactly as you describe - bought it in the late 70's. I think it was a Taiwanese knockoff of something. It still works pretty well.

Back