My teenager sawing..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
GG was out helping me..I wound up doing all the heavy stuff..off bearing 15' 1x12's....and scooping up the sawdust behind her..

I asked her what she thought of it after she got through the log..."That Was COOL!:clap:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is very cool!! I'm hoping my daughter will be interested in some of the stuff I do she already loves fishing and she keeps saying she's gonna be a hunter too!! Got a ways to go though shes only 3 HA!! That mill looks like lots of fun i'm sure you have enjoyed it lately congrats again!!

The family that mills together stays together, or at least has some fun together.

Fantastic Zopi, lucky man indeed.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

That is very cool!! I'm hoping my daughter will be interested in some of the stuff I do she already loves fishing and she keeps saying she's gonna be a hunter too!! Got a ways to go though shes only 3 HA!! That mill looks like lots of fun i'm sure you have enjoyed it lately congrats again!!

Irish,

My 27yr old daughter still goes out with me when I cut firewood and wants to go with me when I finish my mill. When she graduated as a Wildlife Biologist I took her to Alaska as a graduation present. We Salmon fished, hunted duck/geese did a Moose and black bear hunt. So it's great to see young people who will at least try doing things like milling with Ol' Dad. Great to here your daughter likes the out doors. You should be very proud of your daughter. Attached is a picture I took where I cut firewood on my friends ranch. There are four pigs I killed and Teneile field dressed and skinned one of the pigs. We froze the pig and shipped it to Alaska to my cousins where we roasted it for the 4th Of July.

jerry-

Soooooooo, now you have given the addiction to your wife and then to your daughter. :jawdrop: :clap:

Get that hair tied up behind, that's an accident waiting to happen.

And you do have a lovely princess of a daughter. If I were, say, 30 years younger, I'd tell you to lock her in.

Now that I'm almost 60... lock her in!

Get that hair tied up behind, that's an accident waiting to happen.

And you do have a lovely princess of a daughter. If I were, say, 30 years younger, I'd tell you to lock her in.

Now that I'm almost 60... lock her in!

Yup,

Eyes and ear protection too..... no one is gonna want to marry a girl with one eye and can't hear too well :)

Hey Zopi thats awesome! Hey 820 I bet your daughter and you had a blast , I've always heard Alaska is a great place to visit. My daughter already looks forward to our yearly camping/fishing trip to northern Mi. we camp right on the Manistee river and salmon fish I always liked fishing but it wasn't my main thing but after going up there now I can't wait for that time of year either!! My parents live about 3.5 miles away right on a lake and she now makes her pop-pop take her out on the dock everyday and when she catches one they have to immediately take it in and fry it for lunch/dinner got to get them started early!! Hoping to get more camping in with her the next few years because I want her to appreciate the outdoors so far I don't think that will be a problem! I am very proud of her, I think my wife kinda worried that I may just want a boy but I didn't care as long as they are healthy thats all that mattered to me and I gotta tell ya I couldn't imagine a day without her she is my angel!! Like she says in her 3 yr. old accent Gurls roool boys droowl. Hard to spell it the way she says it but we get a kick out of it everytime!! You have alot to be proud of too lucky guys we are!! Keep it up!! take care

Last edited:
It is good to see families working together. Get her hair pulled back, some ears on, and a pair of riding glasses – she will enjoy the work even more and look good! My princess is 8 and my boys are 9 and 10. They all enjoy helping out with the mill. Responsibility and a good work ethic are traits that are dyeing in our youth. I am just glad my daughter is always going to stay 8 (my happy thought).

Dad's "cool" new toy... glad to see her participate. I agree though, get that young lady some protection (eyes, ears, stuff that pretty long hair). I have three daughters, only one still at home... they all used to watch me in the woodshop when younger. As they got older other things became more important, understandably so.

..she got to drive daddy's truck for the first time tonight..:dizzy:

fortunately it has a low range..

uh oh.

She is going to learn to to saw to a plan soon...I have been informed that the next log wants to be a bunny hutch...timber frame bunny hutch anyone?:greenchainsaw:

P-bunny needs a new home. P-bunny is an angora rabbit that migrated in here via the Co-op down the road...they have found that we are a sure bet for
drop offs...:monkey: OTOH..those chickens make good soup...and i'm sure that P-bunny's offspring will be wonderful with dumplings..

But honey, he was free...

I guess they get alot free play now that I have my mill and it keeps me quiet..:givebeer:

Zopi I always thought you were a teenager. :laugh: Really. Great pics.

820 love the pigs. Gonna be bacon for me tomorrow morning.

Growing up...is the first step to growing old.

watch that first step, it's a doozy...:clap:

and I never studied philosophy...

hey zopi, seeing your lovely daughter working with you reminded me of a guy who bought a mill and had his family helping him on the weekends doing some custom sawing. he'd gotten real close to sawing a thousand foot a day but just couldn't quite make it [still a greenhorn]. so he told his offspring that he believed he could bust that magic mark by really layin' it into it and not take a single beer break [and this was the weekend] all day long. next thing heard was youngsters tellin' mommy, please make daddy drink beer or he'll work us to death........wait a minute, i might resemble that story...........enjoy the great helper you got man, i know i did.

Back