My TOP TEN advice list for Stihl, Inc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now now

Sawtroll-2000 yaw stop that non-sense. Your both right so calm down. I could fix it and its a simple fix but on the other hand why should I or shouldn't I, to be or not to be is da question,LOL Fact is I don't use it much so its no big deal, I'll get around to it one of these evenings. Until then though by Joe she's a leaker,LOL

Its right there in my Stihl catalog. Under Chain Saw Specifications on page 33:

Occasional Use Weenie Saws: MS 170, MS 180C-B, MS 180C-BE, NEW! MS192 C-E, MS 200... etc.

Yah, I did a double take whan I first saw that one. But it is there. However, in the same catalog it also lists the MS 200 with the Professional Chain Saws on page 26. So I guess its a hybrid professional occasional use saw.

Marketing for you! :spam: They ballucks'd it up! :givebeer:

Okay, allright already.................
The 192/200 are listed as occasional use saws so that homeowners will purchase these saws instead of the 192T/200T which are professional saws.
They do not want homeowners running around with top handle saws.
The reason the 200 was added was to fill a need of professional arborists who are feeling the pain of insurance companies in some areas not insuring these people when they use a top handle saw. Stihl was asked to put the rear handle back on it for that market and they replied.

There, now you have the gospel.......
According to Mow. :cheers:

Peace...Out

Was up in Cottage Grove today so I stopped into the Stihl/Husky shop there. No new saws to look at, but one thing I did notice. In the wall of Stihls, of which they have every one up to the MS 880, they were missing one saw. It was a... (drumroll please Troll) the all mighty MS 290! Sold out of them! And they even had a brand new MS 440 left there next to the 3/4 wrapped MS 441!!! Er, excuse me, that is what Stihl calls a "FULL WRAP" (in finger quotes).

So I looked at the MS 200. Not impressed. Outboard clutch and a LOT of plastic for the price. The MS 280 is $100 cheaper. Half plastic, but the better pro type white plastic handle, and metal around the clutch/drum and lower engine. Dunno why they have the MS 270, if for no other reason than to say that the MS 280 is lighter and more powerful than the MS 270 (point point). :confused: About like the MS 650 there on the bottom next to the MS 660. Read: get the MS 660, dummy! And the 880... lord, what a HONKER that is. About the size and weight of a good outboard motor. Picked it up and whooooaaaaa, baby........................................... is that ever a BIG SAW! :jawdrop:

Stihl wish they had a pro MS 260 Jr. with a 30-40cc motor though, with metal casing and clutch cover. :cry: Looked at the Husky shelf for a few minutes, but I would rather have a Dolmar dealer within 100 miles of me instead. :cry: I'd even settle for a Makita saw dealer.

Back