my wife kills me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_376

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I told her I wanted a wood stove. She says it a dumb idea and not worth it. I tell her how much money we can save and she he some calculations. she still says no. Being the man of the house I do it anyway. She accepts it although she still has her reservations and make comments about it when she can. Tonight I cooked her dinner, penne and home made sauce and meatballs along with some garlic bread. While I'm cooking shes relaxing in front of the stove watching a little TV. When I had the table set I called her and the kids to the dinning room. Everybody sits down for dinner and we start eating. She doesn't say thanks for cooking. She doesn't say dinners good. She says it's cold in this room I want to go back next to the fire. I turn an look at the thermostat on the wall and the temp reads 72.

I can't win no matter how hard I try sometimes. Now I said I'm gunna go through a load of wood in for the night and she said she would do it for me. Maybe I'm winning her over to the darkside. Oh yeah last year I kept the thermostats on 62 all winter unless someone was sick then 68. LOL it only 72 in here I'm cold!!!!!

Your dealing with a female.. You expected anything different???? :laugh: How long have you been around females???? :hmm3grin2orange:

you can relish in the fact that you were right and made the right dicision, just don't expect her to admit it! :laugh:

My sympathies. My Mrs loads the stove and empties the ash tray most of the time. She likes it around 70 degrees.

So I told her I wanted a wood stove. She says it a dumb idea and not worth it. I tell her how much money we can save and she he some calculations. she still says no. Being the man of the house I do it anyway. She accepts it although she still has her reservations and make comments about it when she can. Tonight I cooked her dinner, penne and home made sauce and meatballs along with some garlic bread. While I'm cooking shes relaxing in front of the stove watching a little TV. When I had the table set I called her and the kids to the dinning room. Everybody sits down for dinner and we start eating. She doesn't say thanks for cooking. She doesn't say dinners good. She says it's cold in this room I want to go back next to the fire. I turn an look at the thermostat on the wall and the temp reads 72.

I can't win no matter how hard I try sometimes. Now I said I'm gunna go through a load of wood in for the night and she said she would do it for me. Maybe I'm winning her over to the darkside. Oh yeah last year I kept the thermostats on 62 all winter unless someone was sick then 68. LOL it only 72 in here I'm cold!!!!!

Its crazy how you can get used to the heat. Before I had the stove I used to keep house at about 67 to 68 and said it was too hot. now that I have the woodstove its 76 in here right now and i love it and want it warmer. I dont understand it.

Our conversation tonight was about when I had enough firewood. She is not really understanding when I say "never". She doesn't care if or when I cut, split, etc. she just doesn't want it at the house stacked........which is where we live and where we burn it. I told her to find me a place to store it and I would agree to no more than a cord here at any one time. She doesn't know what a cord measures, just that it is a "wood" word.:blob2:

If you don't want to wait for her to have to admit it, wait for some cold days and make an excuse for why you can't burn to remind her of what it was like before. On second thought it'll more than likely backfire on you...

Last edited:
Count yourself lucky, I have been fighting with my wife for almost 4 yrs to put in a stove, hell I would even go for a pellet if she would agree but noooo, now dont get me wrong Im not wanting it hot but hell you could hang meat in our bedroom and even then she kicks the covers off:msp_confused:

Its crazy how you can get used to the heat. Before I had the stove I used to keep house at about 67 to 68 and said it was too hot. now that I have the woodstove its 76 in here right now and i love it and want it warmer. I dont understand it.

My wife complains that it's cold in here and thermo reading 80...okay, shes in one end and themo the other end of a 30' "big room" but the stove is dead center. I myself like it on the warm side. Jusdt check and it is no 83* (outside 17).

Ever notice how female vistors who are familiar with wood heat will back up to the stove when they come in. My mother used to do that even when there was no fire in it. She hadn't had wood heat since 1955.

Harry K

Y'all just need to find a woman who appreciates all kinds of "Good Wood"

Heck I cut and split my own for my wood stove that I installed in it's entirety. Most wood burns well but I especially appreciate hard wood. :msp_biggrin: As for the mess, it comes with the territory but it can be minimized. N wood stacks, if the normal ones in rows aren't acceptable, try a Holz Miete or Holz Hausen. A little creativity goes a long way.

View attachment 275086 View attachment 275087

My motto: "Women-can't live with em, can't run through a wood chipper!"

Actually, don't try to figure em out. It will only drive you insane. KD

My sympathies. My Mrs loads the stove and empties the ash tray most of the time. She likes it around 70 degrees.

Y'all just need to find a woman who appreciates all kinds of "Good Wood"

Heck I cut and split my own for my wood stove that I installed in it's entirety. Most wood burns well but I especially appreciate hard wood. :msp_biggrin: As for the mess, it comes with the territory but it can be minimized. N wood stacks, if the normal ones in rows aren't acceptable, try a Holz Miete or Holz Hausen. A little creativity goes a long way.

View attachment 275086 View attachment 275087

My wife never hesitates to split & stack if needed. If the ashes need emptying, she will do it. This year, she & I built a couple of holz hausen. If yours doesnt like a traditional wood pile, try this. I did the math, and I have about 4 cords here. Coolest woodpiles ever. I may not want to grab from them next year!

View attachment 275088

some of those pretty city girls loose their shine when you get into the real world LOL its better to have a real woman who has got your back and make sure you take care of hers and life goes much better!

my wife did not grow up with any wood heat but quickly became addicted to it after living with me, my furnace has not fired off in years. this even with a 3 week old baby at home now.

My wife never hesitates to split & stack if needed. If the ashes need emptying, she will do it. This year, she & I built a couple of holz hausen. If yours doesnt like a traditional wood pile, try this. I did the math, and I have about 4 cords here. Coolest woodpiles ever. I may not want to grab from them next year!

View attachment 275088

I love your Holz Hausen's! I felled, bucked, and hand split and stacked all the wood for both of mine. Doing the math, I have 6 cord total.

N BTW, I'm a female for those who don't know.

Latest posts

Back