Mystery Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

295 tramp

Hillbilly Saws
Reaction score
I'm in need of a good sawcoligist
An old neighbor of mine gave me a old saw years back.
I took it apart then to see what was wrong with it . I remember thinking to myself that I would like to get it running again.
So I put all of it dissassembled in a tote and stuck it in the barn for later.
Today I pulled it out, it took me a couple of hours trying to figure how to put it back together.
I have to make gaskets for it and probably get seals, ring and carb kit.
There are no markings on it. The carb is a tilliston HU1.
My guess is it's a old sears.
Any help please
Randy

I'm no Homelite expert, but it looks like a Homie XL-12 to my untrained eye.

Looks like an older version of a line manufactured by EMAB (Canada) and re-branded in many, many variations including Husqvarna 35.
Nothing special, I routinely pass on them for $5-10, but recently got stuck with one that came with a bunch of saws.

Bill

Last edited:
Its a Frontier. There's a Pioneer version, Husky, Partner, Skil, Jred....

You know your saws Bill
Did a search on husky 35 and bam.
I looked for some parts and came up with gaskets and a few others.
It's nothing I would want to cut a bunch of wood with but i'd like to get it running just to BS about it with friends.
Anybody have any docs i'd be greatful.
Thanks again Bill
Randy

Last edited:
Frontier
Model Profile: FB35

Model Profile: F35

Last edited:
Not even close?????????????:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

As posted by another member it looks like the Frontier derivatives made under many brands

Hey ya can't hit the ball if you don't swing the bat, right? Haha

You know your saws Bill
Did a search on husky 35 and bam.

I dunno, the guys who say Frontier may be closer to the mark, kind of a convoluted history to those things.
I assumed Frontier/Trail was one of the re-brands but it looks like they were the original manufacturer and were then likely bought by Electrolux of whom EMAB was a division of.

Then there's the similar looking but-not-quite-the-same Skil's (that were also re-branded as Husqvarna)...:confused2:

I get the impression yours is an early model and haven't seen another quite like it, I'd be careful buying parts as there may be differences between iterations. Or not...

Bill

Frontier was the original manufacturer, yes. I don't know how many rebrands there are, but its a lot.

Thanks to all for getting me heading down the right road:rock::rock:
Bill that frontier B-35 looks to be a dead on, i sure like the color.
The only difference is mine has a white pull handle and a tillotson HU18b which i couldn't find in my
tillotson carb catalog.
Thanks
Randy

Last edited:
With whats left of the red paint, looks like early jonsereds M-36.

View attachment 275275View attachment 275276

Thanks wood works and to the rest of you and your saw knowledge.:rock:
I found a photo of a jonsered m-361 and it has the same kill switch and the starter cover is the same.
I looked it up the m-361 had no points and the m-36 has points.
Both had Tillotson HU18C carbs as do most models.
The Partner AB 330 has a Tillotson HU18B as my saw does
I keep seeeing most models with a automatic oiler with manual ?
Mine looks to be just a thumb pump on the handle.

I'm going to say it's an early Jonsereds 361 because it has no chainbrake. And if you look below you can see how the 361 has a little Jred style of the time (to match saws like the 49, 70, etc). The M36 and other rebranded Trail Mfg saws didn't get this treatment.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've got a couple of those saws in Husky 35 flavor. One runs but bar oil is getting in the cylinder, it smokes like a freight train and I've never taken the time to fix it

Latest posts

Back