mystery saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upandcommer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just got this one running an evilbay purchase just a few q's for the smart ones here.

6d_1.JPG

it apears to be a pm 610 in orange I was just wondering which bar mount to buy for her since the bar she came with is all burred up and I fear shot

Bailey's has some cheap GB titanium bars in the Christmas catalog. Ordered mine today.

You guys can fight for the rest. They say Carleton.

Fred

Nice chain adjustment. Little wee thing, should work its guts out before dieing. :chainsaw: :chainsaw: I am saddened by 'throw-aways' in general, prob just me tho.:greenchainsaw:

thank you all for confirming my suspicions. It is indeed a pm610 dressed in monkey wards clothing the bar was not toast after all i dressed her and sharpened the chain (btw anyone ever seen a full comp sharpened as skip) this one was every other cutter had been sharpened once no wonder it cut like poop but two trips around on the grinder and she through wood chips like curly fries. These saws are nice a bit heavy but nice. not bad for 30 bucks shipped.

yea the pic I posted was from the auction the person selling them apperantly has never used a chainsaw or else they would know how ot tension a chain and how ot install dogs

update for the mac fans this saw rips I cleared around 12 trees this weekend with it and my old poopon wildthingie giggles the good saws where still in my buddies barn from his tre trimming weekend party last weekend so the old poopon came out for a limber. I could not bog this saw no matter how hard i pusher her. most of the stuff was 12-16 hackberry but i grabbed 4 pretty stout i.e. 18-24" sugar maples that had grown in a bunch from stump sprouts about 35 years ago in the parents back yard. Before I felled them with my wife watching I thought to myself ok so here is where we seperate the men from the boys. I burried her 20" in for the face cut and she just sunk leaving a file of long shaveing at my feet never even had a chance to measure how deep i was faceing the tree quickly pulled her out then notched it and the back cut i figured ok so now it will bog. Nope just looked up to see the tree start to sway then fall then bam 40 foot by 24" log on the ground. I was smilling ear to ear or must have been cause the wife says cool you like the new toy don't you.

With a 20" bar, and a Good sharp chain, it is a very dependable, very good saw...

But let that chain dull...and you'll be swearin up a storm.

But that's the same with any saw.

I like mine. It always starts right up and idles down. Manual oiler is nice, no waste when it is jsut sittign there idlling.

Have fun with it!

Latest posts

Back