"Nattering Nabobs of Negativism"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my balance depends on my mood. Also I do not deal with stupid people too good because I will probably call them stupid. Then I will be called a bully. I am not a bully, I just do not think of different ways to say what I feel. I love everyone,,that rhymes with Lovstrom.
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

:givebeer:

Well W.B. Jeff makes a living in this industry. And has for quite some time. So when he does share some of that stored knowledge and skill its well worth paying attention to.

In an effort to not start a battle I'll keep my opinions about someone else to myself.

Well W.B. Jeff makes a living in this industry. And has for quite some time. So when he does share some of that stored knowledge and skill its well worth paying attention to.

In an effort to not start a battle I'll keep my opinions about someone else to myself.

:msp_unsure:

There is another side to the coin of one and two. Most of these posters don't introduce themselves or explain their situation, don't seem to have any respect for the industry as a whole, (It's just a chainsaw and a tree, how hard can it be? I've rock climbed and I know knots, how hard can it be?), and are generally just looking for permission, not advice. Honestly, The tree industry has been my chosen profession for twenty years now, and I'm still learning, and always will be. I consider it to be a skilled trade, no different than plumbing, or firefighting, or being an emt. And if I jumped on one of their forums and said "hey, I do trees full time, and want to be a plumber, or firefighter, or emt, but I don't want to quit my day job, and I'm not willing to start at the bottom, can ya give me a few pointers, what do you think their response would be?"

Good post!
Jeff,,

We are constantly faced with questions like this one:

http://www.arboristsite.com/arborist-101/244070.htm

It's my opinion that at least half of the time the posters of this type of question are just here to waste people's time.

Not to be a bully, but do you not think that bringing this up is wasting our time. Ah, just being a devil's advocate.
But, yeah, you are correct. Still,
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK1
Jeff

I guess we could show our kinder, gentler side, and when they say they have a buddy's 30' extension ladder and a wild thing, and are planning on topping their 80' pine, just encourage them, help them build up their confidence, and then encourage them to have their loved ones videotape it.

Latest posts

Back