Nc gtg 10/2/10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys and gals lets get this thing back in gear and see if we can have a good crowd and a good fun day.

Hope to have a good turn out of folks and saws. LP and myself have been going almost non stop getting more of our gang running so ya'll can give um a whirl. That's what it's all about for me anyway. All ya'll that can come on by and check out the old and the new. Hope we have a bunch of both. Never know you might see something you've never seen before. I know there will be 50 runners on our part. Bring yours and lets make some muffler music.
Joe :chainsawguy:

Ok guys and gals lets get this thing back in gear and see if we can have a good crowd and a good fun day.

Hope to have a good turn out of folks and saws. LP and myself have been going almost non stop getting more of our gang running so ya'll can give um a whirl. That's what it's all about for me anyway. All ya'll that can come on by and check out the old and the new. Hope we have a bunch of both. Never know you might see something you've never seen before. I know there will be 50 runners on our part. Bring yours and lets make some muffler music.
Joe :chainsawguy:

i can bring my trumpet or the accordian with to go with the muffler music

12 more days :clap: Its looking like I'm gonna be bringing my 288 and the 031. The 041 needs a base gasket and some carb work. I might be able to get it running by the 2nd. If I bring it we can slap a LONG bar on her and see what she does. At hillbilly's gtg we put a 32" on it and burried the bar making noodles. Oh and with a squar ground chain. She just chugged right along.:greenchainsaw:

Bring um on pops we'll stick LP's 72" bar on it and see what it'll do with it. Oh that's an off brand bar it goes on orange saws. I got a 36" for my 084 if it'll fit. We'll try and help on the work if anyone brings some that need a bit of work. I'm going light on ya'll this time we have a bunch of poplar that I have no market for so we gonna cookie the stuff up.

Oh yea at every GTG here so far I told ya'll everybody gets to take a rock home and so far nobody has. Well guess what I got the skid loader here and I'm giving ya'll one if you want it or not. Keep a eye on your truck cause I'm gonna slip um in on you.

Like I said before come on and lets have a blast. We're looking forward to it.
Joe

Is this a family event? I would love to come see what the GTG is all about, but I will have my 6 year old daughter with me.

What time is it starting?

Is this a family event? I would love to come see what the GTG is all about, but I will have my 6 year old daughter with me.

I been to a couple of them and they are nice to get to meet others and just set and talk as well as cut donuts im hoping to see everyone i know that this may be the last one i attend since im planning on moving from this area sometime next year

around february

or earlier i guess i can always rent a car for two days to come visit
at the next one moving either to west va or ohio or kentucky or oklahoma dont know yet where wont know for a few weeks

but i have to go where the population is much more than 50,000 in a whole county seat

Well I'm hoping to make it to this one. I don't know if my work schedule will let me yet. I probably won't know until the week of. I might send some saws with hillbilly if I can't make it.

SP/LP will have the final saying but I don't see why she can't tag along. The little ones have to start somewhere.:D

I plan to be there around 10am, they should be cutting before that.

Hey buddy you and the little one just come right on up. We'll be here so whenever you want to come. We say 9:00 just to give a time. We have some here earlier and the rest come when they can.

This is for anybody that wants to see saws and a bunch of saws nuts running them and making fun of each other. We have a good time regardless. I will have the house open for the ladies if need be. Plenty of water and everything else will be here for lunch. So come and enjoy.
Joe

Hey buddy you and the little one just come right on up. We'll be here so whenever you want to come. We say 9:00 just to give a time. We have some here earlier and the rest come when they can.

This is for anybody that wants to see saws and a bunch of saws nuts running them and making fun of each other. We have a good time regardless. I will have the house open for the ladies if need be. Plenty of water and everything else will be here for lunch. So come and enjoy.
Joe

Ya'll get that tiny saw running? I think it was the orlite....:confused:

Well I'd like to make it but I'm not suppose to be driving right now, I've been in
touch with SP and he knows my situation but I won't get into that on here, unless
I can hitch a ride with someone I doubt I can make it. It would probably do
me some good to get out and about.

Last edited:
Well I'd like to make it but I'm not suppose to be driving right now, I've been in
touch with SP and he knows my situation but I won't get into that on here, unless
I can hitch a ride with someone I doubt I can make it. It would probably do
me some good to get out and about.

Craig, if you want to come out, just say it, and I will be there to pick ya up.
Sorry we havent been in touch lately, next cool spell we will be there to finish that gum tree

slickeast- yes it is a family event. Well family approved, a great bunch of guys, and a few ladys.

There will be plenty of shade, and we will have our big canopy set up again

Well my dad isn't going to drive down with me. I think the folks are gonna be at the lake. But my dad might swing by. There over on long ferry rd. 15 to 20min away:).
10 more days folks.
I just got a 8pin sproket for the 288. I tested it out in some 30" pine with the 28" bar and full comp chain. It never slowed down a bit letting itself pull threw the wood. Even doggin into the wood, only lowered the rpm just a hair.

Sounds like the 288 is runnin well. I think some 30"+ white oak will put her to the test :)
Im going to try to check out my 288 this week.

And only 10 more days :dizzy: :clap:

I am gonna bring my Echo CS-8000 with me in hopes that someone can assist in changing the P&C. I am willing to pay for someones help. RMH sold me a nice used P&C and 2 new rings. If we can bring it back to life, we can cut some cookies with it.

Are the allen screws T-27?

I am gonna bring my Echo CS-8000 with me in hopes that someone can assist in changing the P&C. I am willing to pay for someones help. RMH sold me a nice used P&C and 2 new rings. If we can bring it back to life, we can cut some cookies with it.

I'm sure someone there can help ya. Not sure on the T-27s, I'll bring my long T27 and a Stihl ring compressor....

Not sure on the screws, but enough tools in the shop to have the whole saw tore apart in no time :)

Hope we can get it going so you can enjoy the new toy! Im interested in seeing how the 8000 runs.

Gonna start tommorow to see if any of the saws will start :)

Got to get to the mill too, may have pine logs instead of poplar, cause I delivered 2 loads of logs over there and never got back to cut them up.

Latest posts

Back